Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Egrell Rods

Re: Egrell Rods

Quote Originally Posted by melb_guy View Post
    What are the price ranging from????
    I am after a Snapper (lure).

Cheers
    melb_guy,

Best to give one of the retailers listed on the site a call,you have been a bit non- specific for anyone to be specific with an answer....shallow or deep water big or small fish ,line class...etc etc

www.egrell.com.au will get you there and have a look around........

Birdy

I have only recently purchased a S10H, I have only taken it out on a couple of trips and already have a pb snapper of 80cms which it handled with ease.

I have matched it with a Certate 3500HD with 35lb Saltiga Sensor Braid, this combo will be mainly used for longtails and plastics outside. Hopefully targeting some reef species and amberjack/kingfish.

Cant wait to get a bit more use out of it, seems like it will pretty much handle anything.

Andrew

Will be looking at a S2 or S4 for targeting bream and squire in the bay.

Hi Vinney, Whatcha fishin' for?

I've got 2 x B2's for Spinnerbaits etc. One's a bit heavier than the other, and I use my Zillion on that one. Normally fish 8lb Bionic on these.
    Got a B4-6 with a TD-Z Big Bait Special and 20lb Bionic for Barra (Best fish 112)
    Got an S4-6 with a TD 3500 spin reel and 20lb Bionic for Barra (Best fish 114)
    Got a B8-5 for castin' like Birdy, another TD-Z BBS and 30lb Bionic (Best 113)
    Got a B8-7 I call the scatter-gun. With a Blue Backer Daiwa and 30lb Bionic, dam it's tuff. (Best was 112)
    And an S1 with a TD 1500 Spin for little frangers and Jack-offs 'n stuff for Bass. This rod replaced an Ian Miller Bream Buster finesse, and I feel it's a better casting rod.

Haven't fished with a better rod, but now need and S2.

aussiebasser,
    will be using the rod for barra (casting), I've spooled my zillion with 20lb Fins.
    Currently trying to choose between the B8-5 or B8-6? Being a shorter bloke I tend to go for shorter rods generally.

Cheers, Andrew.

I have 2 egrell rods,A bear S2 and a bear S10h,The S2 is matched up with a 2500 sol and 10lb fireline,I use this rod for bream/squire although it handled my pb snapper of 70cm no problem,The S10h is matched up with a tierra 4000 but i cant comment on its performance yet as it hasnt left the rod rack.

Excellent rods and eric is a great bloke,I would buy again from him

cheers tim

Just taken delivery of my spanking new s10h. What a weapon. Cant wait for some decent weather and the chance at some decent fish. The rod is exactly how i wanted it to be to fit my Sustain 6000. Thanks Eric on a fine product.
    Ben

Andrew

Either of the B8-5 or B8-6 will do the trick. I have a zillion matched with the B8-5 and a TD advantage supertuned on the B8-6. both perfect for what you are targeting.

Dont under estimate the capabilities of the B6-6!! I rate it a little better that the other two at the moment. Its a bit lighter for casting (especially if casting lighter lures and plastics) it has tonnes of muscle down low for turning fish. I have successfully turned a 114 and 115cm fish out of serious timber in the last week. The rod felt like it had plenty more to give if required.

Which ever you go vinney, you will be happy. I too like the shorter rods being a shorter bloke
    PS probably go 30-50 lb braid, thats if you plan on casting a lot of structure. the diameter of some 30-50lb braids is nearly the same as 20lb!!
    cheers steve
    Last edited by Steve B; 16-09-2007 at 11:18 AM.

From the replies to this thread , it sounds like I should check them out .. specially when people are replacing Millers & Loomis .... We are a little short of dealers here (must be a Qld thing ) ..... Any chance of someone posting some decent pics ?? ... Please ..... Nagg

Hi Ben,

Have you taken the S10 H out of the Plastic Cover yet?

Frank OO

Not yet but am waiting for an invite for Sunday Morning