View Poll Results: Do would wind with your left or right hand?

Voters
355. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am right handed and wind with my right hand

207 58.31%
  • I am right handed and wind with my left hand

84 23.66%
  • I am left handed and wind with my left hand

4 1.13%
  • I am left handed and wind with my right hand

32 9.01%
  • Doesn't worry me - I am very talented and can wind with either hands!

28 7.89%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Right or left handed winding?

Re: Right or left handed winding?

"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous" Mike Delisser, you are a very funny man.
    Col

Im right handed and have always casted with my right hand and you dont even realise that you switch hands mid flight its just something ive allways done.I did switch my reel handle to the other side the other day actually so i can cast with my right and reel with my left but i found i cant get the rod twitching just right with my right hand cos im so used to useing my left. And also i couldn't stop reeling with my left hand exactly before i twitch with my right. So much easier reeling with my right hand and twitching the rod with my left. I have had times where ive needed to palm the spool to slow a fish down so it doesnt spool me and also with the right hand free and being the hand that isn't unco for me its alot easier to put the amount of pressure you need/want on the spool.

Thanks
    Bron

Left handed winding will come easy with time if your right handed and get a left handed reel, however, if it is a bigger set up watch out for "right handed pulling", pulled a shoulder blade today. Leaning back on my left is natural to me when fishing, but leaning back on my right and lifting a rod with my right is a bit awkward.

Dan

This is very easy, I grew up in England, where , ALL new reels in their boxes came with the winding handle on the left, although I am right handed I grew up using this method and it feels completely normal , I researched this years ago and found the same for all countries, it depends how they are fitted Left or right and presented in the takle shops.