Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Soft Plastics (hinchinbrook)

Re: Soft Plastics (hinchinbrook)

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Richie .... 130mm seems pretty big to throw into a snag (1-3M) .... Nagg
    Yeh, I'd be throwing em around the sugar loading jetty. Thought that's where you'd be fishing.
    But 130mm is nothing, rig it snagless unweighted 5/0 megabite and hold on. 1-3m snags, they'll eat em up.

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by richieboy View Post
    Yeh, I'd be throwing em around the sugar loading jetty. Thought that's where you'd be fishing.
    But 130mm is nothing, rig it snagless unweighted 5/0 megabite and hold on. 1-3m snags, they'll eat em up.

Richie
    No thats cool ..... I'll be doing both but was more looking for an edge in the snags ..... I've got some fairly big ones that I plan to offer to the pylons ...... With all these offerings that I'll be making .... I hope the fishing gods will look favourabley upon me ... Nagg

Thanks for that advice Poppers, very good idea!!! I will have to raid my daughters necklace box and pinch some of her pretty beads for my prawnstars!!! Hope she understands!!!

Gippsy (cdg81) you would have heaps of beads left over from last years mardi gra parade costume...wouldnt you

Not long to go now gippsy, Boat is all but packed. Just got a couple of reels to respool with lighter line. Doing a few barra trips to Monduran this week first as a warmup!! Thats about it! Might get some of those big slick rigs Richieboy was talking about too. That sounds like a plan.

See ya next thursday. Have cold beer ready.

steve

steal them beads back you mean steve.

Hey Steve B, Cdg81,
    2 more sleeps and i'm heading off, i'm bit excited ....talking to a mate who lives up there last night, he reckons the barra and jacks are stirring....water temp in the channel is sitting on 25.5c at the moment and picking up by the day.....a few good fish were caught in the comp up there last weekend.... Weather looks allright early in the week at this stage...fingers crossed for the rest of the week,

Cheers Nomad

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad62 View Post
    Hey Steve B, Cdg81,
    2 more sleeps and i'm heading off, i'm bit excited ....talking to a mate who lives up there last night, he reckons the barra and jacks are stirring....water temp in the channel is sitting on 25.5c at the moment and picking up by the day.....a few good fish were caught in the comp up there last weekend.... Weather looks allright early in the week at this stage...fingers crossed for the rest of the week,

Cheers Nomad
    nice to hear the water temp is sitting at 25.5 so when my trip pops up in november it should be around the magic mark.cheers

yeah nomad, good news hey. has been hot here for the last two weeks, two more sleeps, exiting aint it,.
    Last edited by cdg81; 20-09-2007 at 09:19 PM. Reason: hit enter

Yeah guys, looking good for next week...they're sayin 15-20knts SE for Cardwell but i would expect a little lighter looking at the chart, anyway plenty of spots to get out of the wind.

Check out latest QFM report for Townsville, says fishins good in the channel at the moment.

One more sleep, yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Nomad