Thread: hinchinbrook reports

hinchinbrook reports

hey yall, got a trip to lucinda in a few weeks, has anyone got the good oil on whats being caught and where, cheers,

Re: hinchinbrook reports

Hey mate i'm from ingham, which is near lucinda, went out yesterday up the creek to try and hook myself my first barra for the season after getting reports that they have been around. We managed to get one about the 75cm mark but the water is still a bit to cold for them and the wind certainly isn't helping warming it up. i know of a few other people that have also done quite well over the weekend fishing the warmer water at the mouths of the creeks. I dunno if it will still be like that in a few weeks time when you get up here but i hope for all of us that the water warms up so the barras start to liven up again. As for offshore fishing i have no idea as the wether has been far from ideal at 20-30knts over the last month so we havn't been able to get out of the creeks.

Hope that helps, Good luck hope you do better than we have been doing

Nidrac

thanks nidrac, hope fully we can get some nor easters and some days in the very high 20's.

yeah, thats it mate, summer can't come quick enough although when it does we'll all probably be complaining because it's too hot

Not long now Gippsy!!

Thanks nidrac for your tips! I will be in that same crew headin to Hinchenbrook. Cant wait!!!

Hope the wind eases off and the fish fire up!!

cheers steve
    Last edited by Steve B; 03-09-2007 at 09:05 PM.