Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha dealer northside ?

Yamaha dealer northside ?

Does anyone know who the new yamaha dealer will be for the northside , i`d like to know where i get my outboard serviced, Strongy

Exclamation Re: Yamaha dealer northside ?

I spoke to yamaha at the boat show they told me that a decision was going to be anounced this week and they said it was definately not northside marine of wich I am very happy about as they have burnt me very badly recently

Re: Yamaha dealer northside ?

Am I to assume from this thread that the rumour I heard that Sundown is no longer doing Yammys is true??? NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT if its true
    C&C

Something to do with a yamaha sold to someone from cairns apparently breach of dealer CODE OR CONDUCT OR SOMETHING
    .word has it sundown did not fit the outboard and the cairns dealer was asked to fit it.
    this is of course is only what the rumer mill is saying ( IT MAY BE FABRICATED BULL )although I have heard it time and time again
    Sundown did not present one yamaha at the boat show only merc and johnson and they were nextdore to the yamaha stand
    IF THATS NOT STICK IT UP YOUR A-- AND IN YOUR FACE WHAT IS?

Hmmm interesting news about the boat show, I thought Sundown only sold Yamaha and Mercs (Am I wrong?? Have been known to be before)

...how come Jonnos and Mercs are their motors at the show???

I think I'll have to give them a ring...

C&C

Hi,

Is there any update re the new Nothside Yammy Dealer.

I rang Sundown and they have definitely stopped doing Yammys. Only Mercs now.

Said they were still a yammy service centre though.

Beats me how you can rave about Yammy being the ducks-guts one week then not being a dealer the next!!

Any news???
    C&C

I've heard through a reliable contact that Kratzman is going to be the new Yammy dealer. They will anounce it in the next week. See what happens hey..

Sundown have had Mercury signs up for the last week or so, noticed this morning that they have been painted or covered over.

IT wont bother me if they shut shop altogether I have found them very hard to deal with anyway not to mention attitude and not following up on questions on chandlery
    .Allways dearer on price hard pressed to buy more expensive anywhere else just about every time
    Was once a great place to deal with hmmmm

Good Morning to all of our Yamaha outboard customers,

Sundown Marine is one of the leading dealerships in Australia for boats,motors,trailers,fishing tackle and chandlery.We as a company have made a commercial decision to take on another outboard brand.THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE CANNOT SERVICE YOUR YAMAHA.We still have all our leading service technicians servicing yamaha,mercury,suzuki and all other brands.You will still receive genuine yamaha parts in your service and it is business as normal.So for those concerned please don't be Yamaha is still a familiar name in our thriving,ever expanding dealership.
    Sundown Marine.
    Cnr Anzac Ave and Regency street
    Redcliffe QLD 4020
    (07) 32033007

Quote Originally Posted by tim barra master View Post
    IT wont bother me if they shut shop altogether I have found them very hard to deal with anyway not to mention attitude and not following up on questions on chandlery
    .Allways dearer on price hard pressed to buy more expensive anywhere else just about every time
    Tim,

You have got to be kidding!.
    During my time in the Marine Industry (left it for greener places) you were,with out doubt THE most demanding customer i came across.
    If you had have taken the time to be less demanding and more patient you would have seen that the guys and girls there are just people like you and me doing a job who really, really dislike being spoken down to and complained about every time you walked into the store.I did see things you had ordered slip through the net so i do know there is some reason for your comments.
    I have no ties with Sundown anymore apart from having some good mates who still work there and who need the place for bread and milk.

Take that however you wish,it is not personal as it never really bothered me because i didn't have alot to do with you.I guess that is the way you deal in life but you are a very difficult customer to get on with from a retail point of view and i feel your comments are unjust.

Birdy
    Last edited by Birdy; 17-09-2007 at 06:51 PM.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tim barra master

Are you for real?
    I cannot believe for one second that any fellow fisho would want a major playing dealership to close its doors and have 50 odd employees out on their backsides. This would be the same dealership that contributes to multiple fishing clubs and community teams, many of which you a probably a member, sponsors local game fish tournaments. Prizes that you may have had your hand into at some stage or another, whether it be showing up to a free seminar, or looking for that outboard tech advice... I know that Sundown has done more for you than you will ever acknowledge.
    Obviously you are just one of the TAKERS in life. I have mates who still work at Sundown and they will always try to service you in the best way possible as they have done in the past.
    I tried my best Tim, but my service wasn't good enough. Sorry I did not have time to ask about all your fishing stories and tell you how great you are as I was always too busy servicing those who actually wanted to listen to my advice and knowledge as opposed to scruntinize and belittle it.
    Not going to waste any more of my time on this.
    I am appauled that any ausfisher would want sundown to close down.

Tim.
    You wouldnt happen to work in retail would you.......

thought not!

Quote Originally Posted by tim barra master View Post
    I spoke to yamaha at the boat show they told me that a decision was going to be anounced this week and they said it was definately not northside marine of wich I am very happy about as they have burnt me very badly recently
    Theres a trend here......

Are there any dealers you do like Tim?

Kratzmanns did have the dealer ship but told yamaha where to go after the show. Cunninghams and Northside both have there hands up but no decision is made yet! Who is sundown going to get there spare parts off when they run out of stock?