Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: bottom bouncing the shelf

Re: bottom bouncing the shelf

Quote Originally Posted by snelly1971 View Post
    PS...Nagg...this is in no way a threat...just advice....Bob Brown...Leader of the Greens Party came down once and upset the locals......He left town battered and bruised...

Mick
    Mick ... when I do venture down to Tasmania .. it will be to chase those Derwent River bream or maybe a Fly caught sea run brown trout from Arthur River ..... any local interaction will be with the civilised element ... Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Mick ... when I do venture down to Tasmania .. it will be to chase those Derwent River bream or maybe a Fly caught sea run brown trout from Arthur River ..... any local interaction will be with the civilised element ... Nagg
    Yeah Thats the sort of comment that will see your visit to Tassie most memorable

Mick

Mick - it is a nice part of the world. I had to spend 3 months in Zeehan few years ago while starting up some underground equipment and had a ball on the weekends but it was too cold and too wet for a Qld boy.

Good to see a bit of debate in here opening a few minds. Fishing is a lot of different things to people. For me - I love chasing summer fish and the whole visual aspect of fast fish hitting surface lures. I cant really get excited about pulling bottom vermin from 30,50,80 or 100m let alone what you guys do but that is just me and lots of others love the bottom bashing

Keep posting some of them pictures though - show us some of the lead

Quote Originally Posted by snelly1971 View Post
    Yeah Thats the sort of comment that will see your visit to Tassie most memorable

Mick
    Mick ... dont tell me you cant see that I'm taking the Mickey out of ya Mick ... Nagg

$14K for a reel? was it built by the pope and the handle covered in DODO neck skin? LOL. I was under the impression they were around 1-2k, that is sort of my price range and it would only be used once or twice a year. Other than that I'm too busy or weather is too tough for me.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Quote Originally Posted by hungry6 View Post
    $14K for a reel? was it built by the pope and the handle covered in DODO neck skin? LOL. I was under the impression they were around 1-2k, that is sort of my price range and it would only be used once or twice a year. Other than that I'm too busy or weather is too tough for me.

That real was the top of the range...1000lb pulling power....You can pick them up starting from around 800 bucks...to 1500

Mick

Mick ... dont tell me you cant see that I'm taking the Mickey out of ya Mick ... Nagg
    probable wont cut it after some of the comments, takes a bit more than that to settle the hackles on the back of a tasmanian's neck (after all we have two bloody heads and 2 necks to settle the hackles on). Naggs, if you ever come to tassie I will take U for a fish for your arther river browns or hobart bream BUT I will also insist you fish the shelf, do a launch and retrieve of a 6m plus trailer boat off the west coast etc. Tassie is a great place to live, leave keys in cars at boat ramps for over nighters, dont lock houses or sheds, kids can kick the footy on the street, live 40km from the cleanest air in the industrised world (they measure cow farts from 5km). Dont be negitive about tassie or our regs without first experincing our great state.
    cheers
    blaze
    ps we better not talk about eating mutton birds, I got hammer a few years ago on this site for that.

I will be available for the Shelf Fishing Trip....Maybe a day when its 3 to 5 meters with 30 knots NW winds....That should open his eyes

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by blaze View Post
    probable wont cut it after some of the comments, takes a bit more than that to settle the hackles on the back of a tasmanian's neck (after all we have two bloody heads and 2 necks to settle the hackles on). Naggs, if you ever come to tassie I will take U for a fish for your arther river browns or hobart bream BUT I will also insist you fish the shelf, do a launch and retrieve of a 6m plus trailer boat off the west coast etc. Tassie is a great place to live, leave keys in cars at boat ramps for over nighters, dont lock houses or sheds, kids can kick the footy on the street, live 40km from the cleanest air in the industrised world (they measure cow farts from 5km). Dont be negitive about tassie or our regs without first experincing our great state.
    cheers
    blaze
    ps we better not talk about eating mutton birds, I got hammer a few years ago on this site for that.
    Blaze,

Key's in the Car's, Houses & Shed's not locked?

I'm on my way for an extended stay then, may be bringing a Removalist's Truck, a bloody big one

Us NSWelshmen will sought it all out for ya

Mick,

Hope I'm not invited on the Big Shelf trip, I don't think the Ticka could stand the thrill of the roller coaster ride, definitely know the gut couldn't

Cheers
    Rob

Well I'd pretty much bought out of this debate causeI'm not interested in telling anyone how they should fish, and even less interested in having someone else tell me this. I go fishing to get away from this stuff.

All the same, some contributors here think that all worlds are equal. Well, they're not. Check these websites for an indication of the difference between snelly's world ( west coast Tas), mine (lower SE coat Tas) and Southern - mid qld.

http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display.cgi?a=spac_wave

http://www.wetsand.com/swellwatch/sw....asp?CatID=288

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/ww3_cgi/d...wav_ht.000.gif

http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display.cgi?a=melbourne

And remember, while the water temp in Qld is 22 degrees, it's 12 at the moment down here. You can fall overboard and survive for a while; we can't.

These are the things that make comparisons between your style of fishing and mine very difficult. That's the last word on this from me, tight lines to all.

Cheers,
    Jigs

Quote Originally Posted by blaze View Post
    cheers
    blaze
    The trouble is ... I'm not actualy negative about what you have , do etc etc ..... I just wanna see it remain for many years to come .... There are not too many places like this in Aust ..... specially one where you can tow your boat to & be fishing with 36 hours ... from sydney for pristine or reasonably so water ....... Currently I have to tow my boat 2500 kms to fish reasonable water (Hinchinbrook) ... Add to that another 1000kms for Weipa ... & add the potential to destroy your tailer ...... ... Then I'm looking a the top end or Kimberleys ... & all the logistical nightmares that go with it. .... Nagg

Great info jigs....but i still dont think certain Ausfish members fully comprehend conditions down here...ah..we will just compare you with Lord Howe..ect...ect...ect....Well i cant compare ...cause i have never been to those places....SO I WOULD NOT COMPARE...until i have been there.....

Mick

The trouble is ... I'm not actualy negative about what you have , do etc etc ..... I just wanna see it remain for many years to come .... There are not too many places like this in Aust ..... specially one where you can tow your boat to & be fishing with 36 hours ... from sydney for pristine or reasonably so water ....... Currently I have to tow my boat 2500 kms to fish reasonable water (Hinchinbrook) ... Add to that another 1000kms for Weipa ... & add the potential to destroy your tailer ...... ... Then I'm looking a the top end or Kimberleys ... & all the logistical nightmares that go with it. .... Nagg

Not negative my Ar$e....what would you call it then Nagg...

And my last question to you Naggs...what makes you an expert on Tasmanian Fisheries....and weather conditions....you seem to jump the gun and compare us very quickly to others parts of Aus without ever being here..

I am pretty sure that those in charge of our fisheries .....understand...and have a lot more knowledge of how to run a sucessful Rec...and Commercial ...substainable fisheries for future generations.....Not some outsider who has never been....or seen the place...and then making such strong comments..

Mick

Hi Mick
    Going to slip out for a fish when we get a bit of water in the river today, about 11.00, only forcast for 25 knts today
    cheers
    blaze

hi Snelly1971,

Just wondering if you have to drop anchor at those depths and if so what type of setup do you use?

Thanks

flyingfish