Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: bottom bouncing the shelf

Re: bottom bouncing the shelf

Righto Mick,
    You've had a big day here on Ausfish and it's time to say goodnight

Je zuzz, don't you sleep?

Lets talk about fishing in Sydney Harbour, that sounds more interesting?
    Thats right I don't think you can, because of all the mercury or some other chemicals in the Water

I've had a look on some maps and was going to put in a DA for a pulp mill in the Sydney Basin, but all the timbers been replaced with Concrete, bricks and Tar, and what timber is left isn't big enough
    Apparently they have to bring any timber in for more house frames from else where, like the North Coast of NSW and even Tassie (Tassie Oak makes for good Kitchens).

I'm selling up and moving into a cave to do my bit to stop the distruction
    And I'm giving up eating and breathing to help preserve Oxygen(which some people seem to waste) and to stop the whole sale pillaging of native forest for farm land to grow our food

Ok I've had my fun
    See you
    Rob

LOL....Rob...

Someone with a Big Mouth...seems to have lost his voice....
    I suppose it is a sign that just maybe he was wrong....and should have made sure he had the right facts....

Mick

After reading all that I want to see one of these electric reels in action sometime soon, as my arms are way to skinny to be doing the lift and wind from 300m down all day.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

It is so powerful that you can bring in a 1000 lbs. fish in no time. The newly developed automatic tension control system works perfectly well with your catch to keep the drag in right tension so the fish has less chance to break the line or unhook. Another great feature is the quick spool releasing lever. This one touch spool releasing lever releases the line quickly back in action, but still keeps the same previous drag tension.

With the full command system, powerful moter, a new airtight drag system, manual overide handle and heavy-duty body construction, this reel is the ultimate fishing machine. So, take the challenge with this Command X-50 reel for unexpected large catches!

CommandX-50 PRO/AM
    cx50

That one should fit your needs...

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by snelly1971 View Post
    LOL....Rob...

I suppose it is a sign that just maybe he was wrong....and should have made sure he had the right facts....

Mick
    Mick you must have missed this today

PS ..... I forgot to mention my gripe with PROs (Trawlers) .... as someone pointed this out! ..... My beef is when you see two local Bermagui boats (quite large) come into port with all of their fish boxes full (both above deck & below) .. while the remaining rear deck area is piled 1M high full of fish (& please spare me ... the just making a living line .... or that the times that they go out & catch bugger all ) ...... i'll go on ..... For me the worst part was that of the fish that littered the deck ..... The majority were undersized or barely legal fish ... with the standout being Kingfish , trevally & John Dory which made up a high percentage of the catch ..... Maybe this explains why in 22 years of boat based fishing .... I've never landed a JD & only have seen a hand full caught. Finally when you go out the following morning & follow a trail of dead fish (predominately toads) but also masses of very small bycatch . ..... I dont think this would be an isolated example!
    Or when you hear the stories (first hand) from what happens when a longliner shoots their line .... Targeting YFT ..... & they end up with several hundred striped marlin over a weeks fishing ..... Personally I would love to see that the only way fish can be harvested professionally is by rod & reel , handlines & even better Aquaculture (no nets , traps , longlines & drop lines) .... Yes fish prices will go up ..... but hey from what I've seen ... Its expensive already ..... So thats my gripe with the pros ...... & by the way ... Since the NSW gov started the buyback of licences over the past 7 years .... It not just a coincidence that the fishing has improved 10 fold (even with increased amature pressure)

LOL....Rob...

Mick
    ...... I reckon that person may just be getting a little bored with the responses Maybe he just couldn't care what happens! ......... Maybe even a little surprised at how few Ausfishers bought into the discussion .... ONE WAY or THE OTHER ...... a little apathetic maybe ........ Anyhow enjoy yourself on the water .... & I'll enjoy my sportfishing adventures (while I can) ..... Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Mick you must have missed this today

PS ..... I forgot to mention my gripe with PROs (Trawlers) .... as someone pointed this out! ..... My beef is when you see two local Bermagui boats (quite large) come into port with all of their fish boxes full (both above deck & below) .. while the remaining rear deck area is piled 1M high full of fish (& please spare me ... the just making a living line .... or that the times that they go out & catch bugger all ) ...... i'll go on ..... For me the worst part was that of the fish that littered the deck ..... The majority were undersized or barely legal fish ... with the standout being Kingfish , trevally & John Dory which made up a high percentage of the catch ..... Maybe this explains why in 22 years of boat based fishing .... I've never landed a JD & only have seen a hand full caught. Finally when you go out the following morning & follow a trail of dead fish (predominately toads) but also masses of very small bycatch . ..... I dont think this would be an isolated example!
    Or when you hear the stories (first hand) from what happens when a longliner shoots their line .... Targeting YFT ..... & they end up with several hundred striped marlin over a weeks fishing ..... Personally I would love to see that the only way fish can be harvested professionally is by rod & reel , handlines & even better Aquaculture (no nets , traps , longlines & drop lines) .... Yes fish prices will go up ..... but hey from what I've seen ... Its expensive already ..... So thats my gripe with the pros ...... & by the way ... Since the NSW gov started the buyback of licences over the past 7 years .... It not just a coincidence that the fishing has improved 10 fold (even with increased amature pressure)
    We all know the bluefin are comming back from people like Sam Sarron and Tony Sarunik,if it wasn't for people like these men who seen that bluefin were diminnishing and learnt the importance of farming we wouldn't have bugger all blue's as for other states they are learning how to preserve fish for the future,
    I have no idea of the ecosystem in Tas,
    I don't know if they way you fish and the limits you fish are susstainable(I hope they are).
    I find you all have valid points and you both are right in your own way,
    while you have laws that let you do this type of fishing then so be it when the laws change then so be it.

I in my personal view and i'm only talking of my view I don't call using electric (or any other type of fixed winch) as fishing,thats my view in a free country we have the right to have our own views right or wrong.

So all have the right view as they think laws deem this.

Thanks Steve

wow hasnt this become a very large thread i remember when it first started and i suggested to MJW to post it in a few different sections.
    also about what page did this environmental talk start cause i dont want to go through 112 posts lol
    "True Blue"

Bermagui must be the place to go far the Pro's
    Nagga are these caches typical?
    Anyway by catch is a Government induced problem as they hand out the license and make the laws that restrict such license.
    If all Pro's were allowed to sell there by catch then it would not be a waste.
    Anyway toads are a pain in the arse.
    Naggs I'm sure that the Pro's are Policed even more than us Reco's, don't you think, so maybe the number of undersized by catch may be a bit of an exageration?
    I have always thought that John Dory where a rare fish to catch, hence the price of them at the fish mongers.
    No idea of what YTF is so I can't comment.
    The buy back scheme may not be as successful as you think
    Locals in Lake Macquarie aren't jumping up and down with the number of fish they're catching.
    These blokes in Tassie are lucky to get out once a Month, so they have to make hay while the sun shines.
    The time to rape and pillage the fish stocks as we main landers do isn't quite there.
    Naggs
    When you go down to Tassie, make sure you drop into the Pubs along the West Coast
    On the wall of some of these Pub's (one in particular) Mick can tell you about it, are the Names and Pictures of local Fisho's both Pro's and Reco's that have lost there lives in the treacherous Seas of the West Tasmanian Coast, it is certainly an eye opener.
    Ther Laws are set up for there waters and conditions, for any of us to question this without first hand knowledge is a bit ordinary at the least.

Any way thats my say on this
    Catch up with you Mick and Blaze
    Regards
    Rob

Scary for my first thread hey lol
    Now what contraversy can start lolh
    Well loophole I did get some good info out of it not just contraversy.
    I did post in other sections and got nothing like this .
    Cheers mate MJF
    Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    wow hasnt this become a very large thread i remember when it first started and i suggested to MJW to post it in a few different sections.
    also about what page did this environmental talk start cause i dont want to go through 112 posts lol

Quote Originally Posted by rob tranter View Post
    Anyway by catch is a Government induced problem as they hand out the license and make the laws that restrict such license.
    Naggs I'm sure that the Pro's are Policed even more than us Reco's, don't you think, so maybe the number of undersized by catch may be a bit of an exageration?
    I have always thought that John Dory where a rare fish to catch, hence the price of them at the fish mongers.
    Locals in Lake Macquarie aren't jumping up and down with the number of fish they're catching.
    These blokes in Tassie are lucky to get out once a Month, so they have to make hay while the sun shines.
    The time to rape and pillage the fish stocks as we main landers do isn't quite there.
    Naggs
    When you go down to Tassie, make sure you drop into the Pubs along the West Coast
    On the wall of some of these Pub's (one in particular) Mick can tell you about it, are the Names and Pictures of local Fisho's both Pro's and Reco's that have lost there lives in the treacherous Seas of the West Tasmanian Coast, it is certainly an eye opener.
    Ther Laws are set up for there waters and conditions, for any of us to question this without first hand knowledge is a bit ordinary at the least.

Regards
    Rob
    Dont waste your time trying to explain to Naggs Rob...He made a gripe about Bag limits...so i posted up the info direct from DPIW...but....once he had seen he was wrong...he just winged about something else....

Nagg...would be quite welcome down here...it just probably isnt the place to go sprouting off about how we rape ....pillage...and plunder our fish stock....

Local fisherman...and rec`s here can and do get really Nasty....when an outsider upsets them...then .....?????.....GM you know what i am talking about...

Mick

PS...Nagg...this is in no way a threat...just advice....Bob Brown...Leader of the Greens Party came down once and upset the locals......He left town battered and bruised...

Mick

Local fisherman...and rec`s here can and do get really Nasty....when an outsider upsets them...then .....?????.....GM you know what i am talking about...

Mick
    Hey Mick,

Just wondering if there was any truth to the rumour that the sequel to Deliverance is to be filmed down your way.

Anyway naggs,mick....sorry to interrupt the interesting dialogue.It actually sounds like tassie is a different country than the Australia I know and grew up in.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by rob tranter View Post
    Naggs

Regards
    Rob
    Rob
    YFT = Yellow fin tuna
    are these catches typical .... I dont know but myself & a few mates were horrified ..... went to take a photo & were threatened with life & limb Regardless ... & NO EXAGERATION with the size of the catch on both boats ..... What is the point of minimum sizes .. if a net doesn't discriminate!
    Finally .... while I dont have a particular knowledge of the West Coast Tas fishery ... I can base my comments on other so called Isolated fisheries .... that have declined. My comments on Southern Bluefin Tuna is relevant ..... because these are the same shoals that swim from SA , TAS to Southern NSW .... & I know that a once plentiful fish off Eden is no longer a viable Target species ( & Eden is not an easy area to fish for the very same reasons as the W Coast of Tas) .... big boats & long distances are required..... Comments about still being able to catch them ... while may be true does not reflect the diminishing quality .... 50kg was normal , 75kg didn't raise an eye brow , 100kg started to get some attention & 150kgs were a seasonal possibility ........ These days 30kgs is about it ...... & this comes from people that I know personally (relatives, mates) & from others who I met at ANSA conventions & NSWGFA tournaments (which included boats from NSW , VIC & SA) ..... As the topic was always raised at some point..... Nagg
    PS Lake Macquarie was fishing very well prior to the floods & have started to pick up again ... with good snapper caught around the old wrecks & the new artificial reefs ..... its a stretch of water that I fish. It does have good bream & flathead fishery (It was a poor Tailor season though) ...... I do not know of any estuary system in NSW that has not improved since the banning of commercial fishing in 2000

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Hey Mick,

Just wondering if there was any truth to the rumour that the sequel to Deliverance is to be filmed down your way.

Anyway naggs,mick....sorry to interrupt the interesting dialogue.It actually sounds like tassie is a different country than the Australia I know and grew up in.

Scott
    Yes Scott..people can be a bit different down here...small town syndrome i suppose.....Some Fisherman think they own the seas...loggers own the forests...ect...see where i am coming from...

Not everyone is like that....most of us are just peaceful..law abiding citizens....but the bad eggs...if you can call them that...once upset ..get really ...really Nasty....

40% of our forests are locked up...our fisheries are strong...weather in general is kind...(storms...wind....Floods)...and Tassie is a great place to live....

Mick