Thread: Advice for land based in central Sydney

Advice for land based in central Sydney

Hi Ausfishers, I'm after some advice from those "in the know" about Sydney.

I find myself there for work reasonably often (often enough that the novelty has long since worn off).

I am based pretty close to the city (Ultimo) and am wondering if there is anywhere that is worth the effort of a bit of land based soft plastic fishing at night (catch and release). Not interested in travelling any distance, ideally I'd just walk.

There is heaps of water in that harbour but are there fish that are accessible???

The gear I'd take would be reasonably light (1500 reel, 7' two piece rod, 4lb braid).

Any advice re where to fish and what I could get???

Thanks
    C&C

Re: Advice for land based in central Sydney

big bream are everywere look around any structure in the city . be very quiet and cast no shadow on the water , and you should be in with a chance .

lie loud enough and for long enough and eventually the masses will believe you

the fish spook easerly so the more stelph you can do the better,lane cove river there is a park on the loop road which is a great summer landbase sp spot with bream , flathead , whiting , and the odd jewie coming in . docks around woolomoloo are good , the docks around the rocks a good i suspect darling habour would be good but ive never fished it .also jump on a ferry and go to manly , this is a fantastic spot with protected rocks [ inside the habour ]and small beaches ,and lots of litle warfs that hold fish . it is a great fishery

Thanks Craig51063. I'll definitely have a poke around next time I'm down there and let you know how it goes. Appreciate the info. Karma should send you a few days good fishing for it!!
    C&C