Thread: Ideas for Weekend Trip - Sydney

Ideas for Weekend Trip - Sydney

Hi all, only found these forums today, basically I've just moved to Sydney for work from QLD, basically I was looking to get away this weekend with the missus, somewhere nice and quiet would be good can either be for a day or overnight, I'm located right in Lane Cove close to the city really but happy to travel for up to 3 hours each way, id love to get some quality fishing time in but at a place with some nice surrounds, I do not have access to a 4WD or a boat unfortunately so it would have to be a place where I could cast from land! I also have no gear so will have to purchase all of that, really after some help and recommendations if people have any I'd love to hear.

thanks

Re: Ideas for Weekend Trip - Sydney

Hi Skankingaround

Welcome to this great site!

I know this isn't the answer to your question about getting away to somewhere outside Sydney to fish, but I just put up a thread to see about fishing right in the centre of Sydney, and got a pretty hopeful response...have you tried close to home for the "big bream" that are everywhere?

I'm going to give it a go...(let me know if you have). Take a look at the thread link below

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=115625

C&C
    Last edited by Chas & Clarry; 30-08-2007 at 09:37 PM.

heres my list of good spots
    pacific palms [ just south of foster ] theres are caravan park or you can camp at booti booti state rec park ,[ this is what i do ].great surf fishing and surfing .seal rocks , jervis bay, corriong,werri beach,seven mile beach .ahhhhh its getting to late and cant think straight . bundeena , ulladulla,and if you dont want to travel but still camp, narabeen lake resort ,camp in the midle of sydney and fish the lake or beach its all good [ big bream in there to i tells ya] !!!!
    oh and for those big bream try the storm twitching nippers ,but dont tell any one !!! the fish are there but are shy as you would expect being in the midle of 3,ooo,ooo people .

lie loud enough and for long enough and eventually the masses will believe you
    Last edited by craig51063; 31-08-2007 at 01:02 AM.

Travel south maybe 2 1/2 hours aND STAY at either Culburra or Greenwell Point. Land based spots everywhere.

Plenty of places to stay that are real easy on the wallet. But i might be biased, I own a house there and have been going there for 49 years since i was born.

Mike