3 2.56%
  • snaper

36 30.77%
  • tailer

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: most targeted fish useing sp's

Re: most targeted fish useing sp's

i target flathead but lately iv hooked bream n tailer. i might go for some jack this summer. iv never hooked a jack so i carnt wait to get one

Richard: nice flathead mate thats a ripper. my PB for flathead is 68cm aswell.

cheers davo

flathead for me but am looking to change that preferance when i get out more in a boat

Mate gotta love tervs! Bream go pretty hard as well but I I havent caught the mighty Jack yet.... I have been going after big flathead in the past 2 months but have only been out 2-3 times :

Cheers, Mick.
    Last edited by 84mick; 29-08-2007 at 08:42 PM.

Flathead are probably one of the easiest fish to catch with sp's. It's the species most people learn on before moving onto other fish or sticking with and mastering the art. I learnt on flathead before moving onto other estuary species then into the inshore pelagics, the freshwater species and then back into the estuary again. I haven't specifically targetted flathead for a long time, probably 3 years or so but the seem to pop up now and then when i'm chasing jacks and bream. Probably the form of plastics fishing i enjoy the most is sight casting longtail tuna closely followed by bass and saratoga.

Flathead for me too

I target Snapper usually but those flathead know a good SP when they see it. I always manage a flathead or two on most Snapper hunting expeditions.

Poodroo

Interesting results .. so far No doubt The flatones are top of the list! .... The surprise for me was Snapper at number 2 ..... While they are targeted in NSW .... Not too many actually do it / succeed ... from my knowledge. Anyhow good on those that do target snaps on SPs .... It would be a great way to catch them .. Nagg
    PS ... Bream for me on SPs ...... but Barra & Jacks will be on the list next month when I venture up to NQ

Snapper are deadset suckers for well presented softy it makes fishing for them almost too easy .

Cheers Chris

Good day all,
    Just for a bit of variety for me it would have to be brown/rainbow trout (Tassie).
    Cheers
    Reidy

Agree with the majority, flatties will snap up a plaztic without thinking about it. By far the easiest fish to catch with an SP.

I have only just recently started to target snapper with good results too.

And the most recent capture, My first Jack