Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eclipse of the moon

Eclipse of the moon

I was just wondering if the eclipse of the moon is any good for fishing. I be watching the reports to see. I think the last eclipse was four years ago. Has anyone got any takes on this subject. Good or bad for fishing.
    Gill.

Re: Eclipse of the moon

Just reaching total eclipse now (8:05 PM 28/08/07) Go and have a look outside.

Ooooooh Aaaaaaah !!!

Couple of moon shots

Cheers
    Chimo

Handheld so a little playing too.
    Last edited by Chimo; 28-08-2007 at 08:35 PM.
    What could go wrong.......................

G'day

I don't really know what effect this eclipse has on fishing, but I do suppose you will be waiting a hell of a long time for another "prime fishing night" if this is the case.

Dave

Fishing will be lousy as all the fish will be too busy looking at the eclipse to be bothered with chasing a meal.

I was out there Howling at it and all I caught was a brick that the next door neighbor through at me. Hurt too it did. Can't catch for quids.

But atleast the moon looked really impressive.

it was impressive

didnt see nothing where I am (near Perth) for bloody clouds
    cheers
    blaze

Got a photo just before it went red. Other people's house lights started reflecting on the lens as the moon got higher and went red. Spewing!!!

Brett

May 2006 Order New Hilux - June 2006 Order ARB & Other Goodies - August 2006 Organise fitting of ARB & Other Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Delivery of New Hilux with Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Break Goodies - 3rd September 2006 Use Angle Grinder to Modify New Goodies - 4th July 2007 BEND ARB rear protection bar (Big Rocks) - 31st July 2007 Notice cracked welds in the ute tub. TWIST!! - September 2007 Bend Alloy Side Steps - Feb 2008 Install steel side steps - March 2008 Bend Steel steps & Punture Diff Lock Air Line

Clouds ..... flamin' clouds. Bright stary night all over. Where do the few little clouds park them selves .... yep .... over the moon.

Ah well ..... 'til next time .... if I the ahlzeimers don't get me and I forget it.

Cheers
    Graham

Cant tell you about the fishing but it certainly put the crabs off their food.
    THOUGHT OF THE DAY

Live life like a dog,If you cant eat it or hump it ,
    pee on it and walk away.

I was at Mud Island when it happened. It sure did not help my fishing for the night.

It sure made the place go dark though after the brightness of a full moon.

wheres kingtin? wonder if he has any good pics of it?

From what ive read, the fishing last night was pretty lousy, from queensland down to southern nsw.
    Reading a few threads on other sites like this one and its all the same, that everyone who went out last night didnt get fish....(or at least anything great)

Quote Originally Posted by mattooty View Post
    From what ive read, the fishing last night was pretty lousy, from queensland down to southern nsw.
    Reading a few threads on other sites like this one and its all the same, that everyone who went out last night didnt get fish....(or at least anything great)
    I did some landbased around the manly area using SP's during the late afternoon, the only 1 sign of interest was a smallish flathead that came up from the depths. Otherwise, not a thing. Really lame