Thread: What Lures do you use at somerset Dam?

What Lures do you use at somerset Dam?

Does anyone know, what kind of lures to use at Somerset Dam and where are the best places to fish for bass.

cheers JEKS

Re: What Lures do you use at somerset Dam?

At the moment I recon spinnerbaits in the dirty water margins in the front half of the lake.

Cheers,

fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

hay fitzy

do you have a detailed map on where the best places to fish and what colour spinner baits and/or colour of lures best recomended.

cheers JEKS.

Quote Originally Posted by JEKS View Post
    hay fitzy

do you have a detailed map on where the best places to fish and what colour spinner baits and/or colour of lures best recomended.

cheers JEKS.
    http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Somerset.htm

Lure colour changes daily, but the main food source in Boney Bream.

I use jackalls harb body and soft they both work a treat for bass and yella's. Every now and then i change to 1 of the other 100 lures in my tackle box, but the Jackalls always come up trumps, for me anyway. Last time there in july and caught a few around 48 to 56cm, with the best weighing just over 4 1/2 pound or 2.2kg.
    Went are you going there?
    We are heading that way againat the end of september for a week so fingers crossed with the fishing.

Cheers Gav

hi Gav,

going first weekend in october, what colour jackalls are best, and what area of the dam do you catch your mega bass.

cheers JEKS

Hi Jeks, we mainly go anywhere to the right of the boat second boat ramp at Kirkleagh to the 2 big orange 6 knot bouys and to the left up around the corner to the second big clump of trees on the left hand side bank. Trolling or casting does not really matter, and as for colour last time i was there i used 7 different Jackalls and caught a fish on each. Success came mainly straigh out in front of the boat ramp about 100 meters each side around the main channel. But who knows different every time we go there, as last time we mainly caught bass, the time before mainly yella's.
    We are going up there about the 21st of sept to the 28th sept so i will try and post a report when i get back.

Cheers gav

hi gav

thanks for the helpful posts

cheers JEKS