Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: winter jack.........zzz

Re: winter jack.........zzz

acutually only 2 was caught there, others down goldie
    hey Q-Jacks were the 2 jacks caught at Noosa, the skinny ones that jackextracter is refering to......? lol
    "True Blue"

hahaha nah it was the 43 and 55, i only wiegh the 55 to be at 2.5kg which is pretty dam nice and the rest are goldies
    Last edited by Q-Jacks; 12-09-2007 at 11:15 PM.

In your photo there were the jack is in the esky with the bream, it looks like some gar and mullet and some other baitfish in there, did you eat them too?

i dont really get why people have to eat GC jacks,
    theres lizards, trevs, bream etc etc etc everywhere.
    why take the premier sportfish from the water........

i guess it just shows whos a sportfisherman and whos a rambo

i mean i know guys who keep one a season for a nice meal but thats it,
    the rest go back as they are too good to catch just once,

i know i would much rather have one on the end of my line than my plate.

just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by yellahunter View Post
    i mean i know guys who keep one a season for a nice meal but thats it,
    the rest go back as they are too good to catch just once,

i know i would much rather have one on the end of my line than my plate.

just my opinion
    Well said. Theres many others around the traps that have the same idea. The argument of keeping jacks and releasing jacks will go on for ever because by people keeping jacks they arent breaking any rules are they?

Jacks dont have a bag limit, so whats stopping some meathead keeping 5 (if hes lucky enough to get that many in a session).......

yeah its always going to be a topic of discussion,

the funny thing is i dont mind seeing the local yobbo catch one on bait and keep it for the table as i know hes prolly only going to get 1 a season if hes lucky,
    but for someone to actively go and hunt them down only to strip the waterways keeping heaps every season, well..... doesnt sit real well with me

one a season IMO.

yes i agree with releaseing jacks back to the water and if im after a decent feed ill go after a flathead and then maybe top it off with a jack for dessert lol.

i do go tageting these fish and get more than one in a session but i would never keep more than one for the table as they are to gooda fish to only catch once..
    "True Blue"

my display pic is a old pic from few yrs back, and no gar and mullet was bait, bream i ate, and wats wrong with me trying to catch a feed? yeah sure maybe i might keep them but theres no restrictions on catch jacks and having to release them, i no some of you love your fishin enough to let them go but im the type to keep em, no harm done there is there? big woop i took a jack theres plenty out there and its not every winter you would come across one this size enough for a nice dinner, i dont just go targetting these fish just for the meal i do release them too its just somedays when i feel like u need to feed ur family, dont find it in the wrong way but its really for the fight, who wouldnt wanna fight with a jack? lovely fish in both perspectives

You know in all seriousness.....I kept my first jack that I ever caught and I honestly reckon they are VERY overated as a table fish.....

Bream taken off the beach leave them for dead...!!

Pete

I'd have to disagree with you there mate i used to catch my fair share when i lived up north and reckon they are one of the best eating fish in the estuary.. Barra are overrated.. But thats just my opinion anyway.. PBass

everyone has there own opinions about whether jacks are good/crap eating fish, but i would have to agree with u there that barras arent all that great and yes bream do top it off fried to all my brothers out there who knows what im talking bout lol

i am jelous jelous jelous jelous jelous jelous
    man i am jelous
    hahaha, great fish mate
    well done
    the rod and reel combo in the last photo u posted in your first post, the blue reel is that a team daiwa certate cumstom r, or a team daiwa tierra??

cheers

swaters the reel is a tierra
    mate great fish i wish i caught a few like that
    dont worry about what these fellas say one jack will get caugh and another will take its place
    cheers BK

Nice jacks! Using plastics too? If so, which ones?