Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couran Cove advice?

Couran Cove advice?

Thanks to some good work by Clarry in a competition, we've been lucky enough to score a couple of days at Couran Cove..she's a star . We can take it pretty much when ever we want to, so we are looking forward to planning that.

The question is do we take the boat? I don't have too much doubt that the fishing in the areas around would be good (have fished Jumpinpin reasonably often over the years, but haven't fished south of that near Couaran Cove).

What I'd like to get advice from fellow Ausfishers is:
    1. has anyone stayed there with their boat...and especially if anyone has stayed with a small boat (ours is a well used 4.3 centre console).
    2. Was it a pleasant experience re the resort's response
    and
    3. was it worth the effort fishing wise (any details of time of year and type of fish would be welcome)?

I see from their site that they have day berthing in their marina if you are a guest...but it looks a bit of an upmarket affair. We are pretty down to earth people. We don't spent much time in "Resorts" and are much more likely to be camped just above the high tide mark on Crusoe Island. We don't care about appearances (our old Clark Abolone beside someones floating hotel), but we do like to feel welcome.

Obviously I'll be contacting the resort to get their response, but its always good to check the "real" experience with people who've done it.

thanks C&C
    Last edited by Chas & Clarry; 25-08-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Re: Couran Cove advice?

I have marina membership there...go there quite a lot...it is all quite laid back at the resort..no need for fancy clothes or anything like that. Just enjoy the holiday there..it is a great place. If you want any more info just holler.

Hi Clarry

I have a holiday house there and have never had an issue taking my old 4.2 tinny and leaving it tied up amonsgt the better syle of boats that frequent the place.
    The harbour master might want to know who you are , just let them know you are a guest.

No need to ask the resort , they'll just get confused thinking you have some sort of "super yacht "

I always park my little boat up the right hand side arm near a yellow yacht (it doesn't move so you won't miss it)
    That way I am always out of the way.

If you have a bit of luggage send it across on the passnger ferry and it will turn up at your room ,f only a small amount take it on your boat.

If getting here via the terminal they have a ramp that you will need to ask the desk to unlock for you.

then park in the secure parking there , the capark that we use can be hard to get out of so ask them to open the gate so I can get out a different way or just drive over the gutter !

It's a great place you'll love it and the fishing is always good. jsut take your own stubbies with you , $6 a Crowny can get a bit exxy.

Cheers
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgy_Back View Post
    Hi Clarry

I have a holiday house there and have never had an issue taking my old 4.2 tinny and leaving it tied up amonsgt the better syle of boats that frequent the place.
    The harbour master might want to know who you are , just let them know you are a guest.

No need to ask the resort , they'll just get confused thinking you have some sort of "super yacht "

I always park my little boat up the right hand side arm near a yellow yacht (it doesn't move so you won't miss it)
    That way I am always out of the way.

If you have a bit of luggage send it across on the passnger ferry and it will turn up at your room ,f only a small amount take it on your boat.

If getting here via the terminal they have a ramp that you will need to ask the desk to unlock for you.

then park in the secure parking there , the capark that we use can be hard to get out of so ask them to open the gate so I can get out a different way or just drive over the gutter !

It's a great place you'll love it and the fishing is always good. jsut take your own stubbies with you , $6 a Crowny can get a bit exxy.

Cheers
    Mick
    that yellow yacht has its own coral reef growing on the hull...it has never moved.

You know , Pin head

We have been going there for years and I don't even think that I've seen anyone on that yellow yacht. !!

Mick

i saw someone on it about 6 months back..readjusting the mooring ropes but that was it. I will have to catch up with you down there sometime for a cold beverage or 3

Will be back there at Christmas, My new boat a blue stratos will be parked next to the now famous "yellow Yacht"

Cheers

Hi PinHead and Mick,

Thanks for the info, and the pm.

We thought it looked good, sounds even better now.

Mick, the info re the terminal is eally useful too. Answered a heap of our questions in one hit!

Happy to still hear from anyone else with experience of the resort.

C&C
    Last edited by Chas & Clarry; 25-08-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgy_Back View Post
    You know , Pin head

We have been going there for years and I don't even think that I've seen anyone on that yellow yacht. !!

Mick
    we are staying there from 23Dec to 30 Dec...Xmas lunch at the surf club is awesome..third year there for us this year.

Think of the bream that are hanging out under it. Just a thought.

Minno

Grown ups can't fish under the front restaurant but kids and handlines with chips seem to get away with it

Just spent a week over there its a great spot. i mainly fished with soft plastics and did real well, was land based so fished the marina and the broadwater caught some nice flathead, trevs and bream let us know how you go over there.

I used to service the resort once every 6 weeks. Went over on the vehicle barge from Coomera. A top spot to visit.

Always wished I had taken a rod with me.

There are some really nice fish to be had around there. Staff are mostly friendly and i never had any problems with anyone or anything there.

Have a look at the lagoon near where the barge comes in and you will see mud crabs and all in there.

I wouldn't take a boat if I didn't have to, had a day trip a few months back down there to visit Pinhead, just had a few prawns with me and my four year old son nailed a legal bream within 20 min of arriving and I nailed an Estuary Cod of legal size shortly after, the marina is teaming with fish.

Also had a three day stay down there in July, was a sales meeting with work so unfortunately didn't get a chance to fish......was to busy drinking those $6 stubbies, luckily I wasn't paying, had a room that overlooked the marina and must say it is a good spot.

Cheers

Paul

PS: I know someone will be getting a visit while they are there over xmas
    Last edited by thedeckie; 26-08-2007 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks everyone, the jury is still out re taking the boat or not...I want to, Clarry isn't so sure.

Given that Clarry won the trip, it only seems fair that we do it her way, but sounds like the land based options are pretty good anyway, so we are pretty happy about that.

Clarry is as keen (keener actually) on fishing as I am, just not so keen on taking the boat. We'll let you know how we go once we have done the trip...won't be for a while though due to work.

Thanks again
    C&C