Thread: Tailor at Fraser

Tailor at Fraser

Is Fraser still a mecca for really big tailor? I havent been there for over 20 years and I remember a close friend of my dad's used to go every October (years back) and often catch (at night) a few huge greenbacks over 4kg. Apparantly 30 years ago they got them even bigger..
    Just wondering if this lovely location (like so many others ) has succumbed to being loved to death.

cheers, Mike

Re: Tailor at Fraser

Mate in the river to reef comp up at Mlba i saw a bloke weigh in some big tailor. This was in November last year. Apperently this fella is the tailor king of SE QLD. SO THERE MUST BE SOME BIG TAILOR AROUND AT THE SUNSHINE COAST
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It seems that this year the size has decreased a bit, I was on the barge at tewantin a while ago and the curent record (12months ago) was 5.5kg. I think it's weird that I've caught bigger tailor at Bribie in january than I have at DI or Fraser in the "Tailor Season"
    Cheers TT
    ________
    California mdecial marijuana dispensaries

mikeyh
    my oldman got 2 tailor over 4kg in october last year at fraser and a few over 3kg. we did see other fishermen with some this size as well, so thay were not one off.
    regards
    dwane

Thanks guys, maybe I wont have to give up hope of one day landing a thumper of a greenback
    Sure do miss them up here in FNQ....not to mention proper surf and beaches without stingers and lizards.....