Thread: Prime time ????

Prime time ????

Hi everyone.
    I hope you are all appreciating the wild weather in your own way.
    I am interested to hear opinions on the optimum way to use weather events such as our current episode.
    That is to say.

When(specifically), is the prime time to take advantage of these conditions (one day after.? when the seas abate?,etc)
    A. On the beach.
    Aa. rocks???
    B. Bay
    C. Rivers/estuary.
    What factors do you look for to locate the fish?

For instance ive heard just after a big blow is good to fish the rocks, and i see the logic as the water should be full of natural burley, but it is also more dangerous then and harder to stay in touch with your bait.

So Id like to hear the locations /techniques /timing etc that some of you guns use,,, if you are willing to share them.
    Cheers
    rando

Re: Prime time ????

Gee
    I thought a few of you would jump in....!!!!

Heya Rando

I have this thing against becoming a statistic so have always avoided the rocks and even going near them at present would be insanity imho.

Some beaches will benifit from gouged gutters and holes while others will be stripped by the seas. But till such time as the swell eases it too will be dangerous to fish except on some protected beaches.

Rivers and estuaries around Brissy should fish well, while the heavier rainfall areas might do it tough for a while.

For those with bigger boats areas influenced by bar inflows on flood tides should fire for reefies, places like the south passage, rous, top end of moreton etc while the conditions are still a bit rough.

Areas where fresh and cleaner water meet will have jewie wandering around.

Glen
    I reacon the pin might be a chance this week if you are heading over.
    Still keen!! Give us a bell.
    Rob