Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storm Force Conditions Moloolaba

Storm Force Conditions Moloolaba

Check these conditions out. Went for a wander along rock wall at entrance to moloolaba this morning and took a few pics of what this entrance is like in STORM FORCE CONDITIONS.Photo's don't do it justice and needless to say i only saw one vessel head out through it.3-4m seas with the odd bigger one's traveling faster past the entrance. those who know and use this usually placid gateway to the ocean will understand how rough the weather has to get to bring on conditions like this here.
    wadeo

Re: Storm Force Conditions Moloolaba

hhmm looks like a nice flat South Coast NSW day to me

This is the protected side of the head land noelm blowing approx 50kn plus. photo's never do it justice.

Good pics wadeo, i know what you mean by that entrance. We headed out in 30knots one day, getting out was ok but we got halfway to old woman and thought "WTF are we doing this is getting nuts!" It must be bad for the swell to run past like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Good pics wadeo, i know what you mean by that entrance. We headed out in 30knots one day, getting out was ok but we got halfway to old woman and thought "WTF are we doing this is getting nuts!" It must be bad for the swell to run past like that.
    Jb its nuts out there at the moment and i was there at high tide. Would imagine at low tide it will be twice as bad. Watched the pilot boat leave through it and launch vertical through a huge wave just out of rock wall getting whole 10m boat out of water. Day's like this i'd hate to have there job. Seems to be cherning up and moving a sh*t load of sand too

yep I know wadeo, I have been there lots of times, I was just being silly! hope it is Ok when I am up there in October, I want to get some fishing in.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    yep I know wadeo, I have been there lots of times, I was just being silly! hope it is Ok when I am up there in October, I want to get some fishing in.
    I think you'll be laughing when you come up in oct it's only once in a blue moon its like this up here. Understanding you guy's down south have seen lots worse than us this year. the swell is going to be enough to remodel all our prize beaches for us though
    Last edited by wadeo; 22-08-2007 at 11:42 AM.

hope the fishing will be Ok then, I usually get up there in June or so, but a bit late this year, still a Holiday is good anytime.

Wadeo
    That looks like a better break for the surfers than down the GC which was blown out.
    We're there any there this morning?
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by SgBFish View Post
    Wadeo
    That looks like a better break for the surfers than down the GC which was blown out.
    We're there any there this morning?
    Scott
    Saw one guy on a surf ski but no surfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    hope the fishing will be Ok then, I usually get up there in June or so, but a bit late this year, still a Holiday is good anytime.
    the fish have started late up here this year noelm i rekon you'll be sweet.

Surfs up???

Quote Originally Posted by wadeo View Post
    Check these conditions out. Went for a wander along rock wall at entrance to moloolaba this morning and took a few pics of what this entrance is like in STORM FORCE CONDITIONS.Photo's don't do it justice and needless to say i only saw one vessel head out through it.3-4m seas with the odd bigger one's traveling faster past the entrance. those who know and use this usually placid gateway to the ocean will understand how rough the weather has to get to bring on conditions like this here.
    wadeo
    Thanx for the photo's sure am glad that Im at home warm and dry, and not out there......

Looks like your average bar conditions down south but still a lot safer when the swell breaks across the bar like it does there, mind you those 40 to 50 knot winds around the corner aren't too freindly.

Whats up you sook, take your camera but no rod?
    JOHN 21:3