Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Quickly the Weather can CHANGE...

How Quickly the Weather can CHANGE...

Hi All

Have been following the weather all morning...

Just to illustrate how quickly the weather can change, have a look at the sudden spike on the Gold Coast!

11:04am - 15kn
    11:13am - 33kn
    11:24am - 40kn

Just shows how quick things can turn nasty!

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Re: How Quickly the Weather can CHANGE...

On the BOM severe weather report they've had gusts of up to 109k's an hour at Evans Head, Ballina and Byron Bay and that was prior to their 9am report this morning!!!

Better Believe it!!!

On top of Lennox Head at my joint and it is howling, 50m+ above sea level and 50knts at times down one Grevillea and a couple of bananas so far. The custard apple tree is lethal at the moment, the dog usually haunts that area but a couple of near misses have sent her packing.

The sea looks spectacular, a total washing machine I reckon the big Knobs would be all over the coastline feeding big time they love these seas.

Cheers Gleeeza

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    On the BOM severe weather report they've had gusts of up to 109k's an hour at Evans Head, Ballina and Byron Bay and that was prior to their 9am report this morning!!!
    Maybe the old shed's blown down at Evans. That'll save us pulling it down.
    Second thoughts hope not as the Landy's in the old shed
    I was just talking to a mate in Lismore...bit puffy there as well.
    I hope no real damage is done though to all the peoples concerned.
    Might have talked my mate into a Fisher boat instead of a Makocraft though....any spotters paid Col??
    Last edited by finga; 21-08-2007 at 02:39 PM.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Jeezus!!

Wind at Cape Moreton at 8pm........100k's an hour with gusts to 120k's!

Checkout www.weatherzone.com.au, gives you hourly wind speeds in current conditions.
    Last edited by ffejsmada; 21-08-2007 at 08:26 PM.

Oh well at least I get to try my new kite I made Kite fishing do you think it will take of T1
    Peter :cool:

Blowing hard enough here in Alex hills to snap a cross beam on the power pole 2 houses down. This was at 5pm.
    Energex arrived at 10 past and a bloke spent an hour and a half in a cherry picker, pouring rain howlin gale.
    Unhook the wires, take off the old cross piece, put a new steel one on, hook the wires up again.

They deserve a medal.... and a couple of beers.

BOM seems down again. Always down or very slow if any weather is about.

Cheers
    John
    4.1m Rainwater tank & 50hp4st donk- go the plastic

Think I'll stay home tonight. Thought about a quick fish this morning. The ramp would have been a lot of fun this afternoon.

Cheers
    John
    4.1m Rainwater tank & 50hp4st donk- go the plastic

Try driving a van or truck around in it. Almost as good as being out onboard a boat. I went too Noosa at 5am today and it was really howling through there.

Hey finga...how about as a spotters Col puts a cuppla pods on the back of Junior, so you can put twin donks on her. Then you could really fly...........

At least its getting better

BOM
    Thursday: SE winds 30/40 knots. Seas to 3.5 metres on a 3 to 4 metre SE swell.
    Rain areas.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Seen it happen too many times down here like that...glassy calm one minute then roaring 50 knots within 10 minutes...Really makes you respect mother nature eh....

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
    Blowing hard enough here in Alex hills to snap a cross beam on the power pole 2 houses down. This was at 5pm.
    Energex arrived at 10 past and a bloke spent an hour and a half in a cherry picker, pouring rain howlin gale.
    Unhook the wires, take off the old cross piece, put a new steel one on, hook the wires up again.
    That's what I was trained to do. I worked with Northpower for 10 years and outages were common place but when the weather was normal.
    The best one was a storm in about 1990 or so (same time as the Grafton bus tragedy). I started work at 7 in the morning. The storm hit that afternoon and I came home 2 days later and I'll never forget about hearing about the bus on the way home.
    In those days most (95%) of the work was done off ladders not in the buckets they have now.
    We only had 2 of those then and about 50 liney's and 20 odd sparkies

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin_Mike View Post
    Hey finga...how about as a spotters Col puts a cuppla pods on the back of Junior, so you can put twin donks on her. Then you could really fly...........
    Mate, that would double the size of the little bugger if I put pods on it. Gees, it wouldn't fit in the spot in the shed. I'd have to tidy up a bit...and that just isn't kosher
    And twin motors...I get into enough strife with one thanks
    I think the spotters fees will be just having another decent boat for me to fish out of sometimes. Be worth every bit of 'persuasion' I do with my mate
    He's looking at Mako ATM
    Cheers mate
    Last edited by finga; 23-08-2007 at 07:48 AM.