Thread: Impoundment Bass Rod <$150

Impoundment Bass Rod <$150

hi guys
    just after some opinions regarding a new bass/yellowbelly baitcast rod mainly for use at glenbawn and the like. In particular the rods i have checked out include the shimano river raider and bass raider, berkley dropshot rods, starlo stix (tornado light and light stream) and the like. It will be used for lures around 50-60mm hard bodies, jackalls/kackals and 1/4 to 3/8 spinnerbaits. If anyone could give their opinions of these rods or similar for this application it would be great. To begin it will be used with my cod reel, a penn erskine signature reel but i hope to upgrade this to a daiwa HRF or daiwa advantage supertuned or the like for lighter stuff.
    thanks
    aadam

Re: Impoundment Bass Rod <$150

save your $$$ and get a megabass destroyer ,you won't be dissapointed they are the best 4 what you get . they cost about $600 and are worth every cent. you can feel the fish fart under the surface
    figjam :wink:

I use a 7ft Dam Raider which I find great on the bass its 3-8kg so it has enough power to stop any decent bass & it has the extra casting distance you need at time.. Its my pick for a rod under $150..

nuggstar he asked for your opinion on a rod under $150 not 4 times as much..

I'll put a vote in for the River Raider. 3-6kg but light enough in the tip to cast 1/8th jig heads and still cast a 120mm classic F18 for barra.......and land a 99cm model to boot (in themissus' hands anyway )

Yep the river raider went straight to the pool room!!
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

personally i bought a tica devil stick the other day 3-6 but is so light and sinsitive in the tip to cast soft plastics if you like i got mine for $115 and find it great and ive caught a few cod around 80cm on it and a few carp around 25 pound on it no problems ....

hope this helps ..

I got a bass raider that i use with my shimano curado, can cast all day with it...

James

thanks guys
    went in yesterday and checked out the raiders again. they didnt have the tica rods so ended up with the river raider. looks and feels pretty good but im not sure my reel does it justice. thanks again everyone for your help