Thread: help please.. gold coast area..

Smile help please.. gold coast area..

Hi all..
    first time on this site... i am moving to the gold coast <robina area> in sept from england. i was wondering what the fishing is like around the gold coast area from the beaches or anywhere else really...
    i also have 3 kids who are getting into the art of fishing.. are there any spots where they will be kept busy catching a mixed bag to keep them keen..

can you also recommend a good tackle shop.. and fishing clubs.. in the above areas

thanks..

Re: help please.. gold coast area..

You will have big companies like the A.mart & BCF close by but for good service & prices just make the 5-10min drive out to Nerang disposals. As for fishing clubs Gold Coast Sportfishing Club is the pick. Quick & easy spot close to Robina is the bridge next Varisty towers opp. bond uni. Get a good catch of flatheads, bream, whiting & even the odd queenie & Jewie..

welcome, welcome,
    i arrived about 4 months ago from the uk my self, i ran in to Kingtin (kev), one day when i was supposed to be out job hunting and he told me to check out ausfish and ive never looked back. i have dont belong to a club (still need to get that sorted) but if you need any info or advice you have found the right group of fisho's to ask! As for shops, there are as thesaint said some big shops that stack it high sell it chep, but once your here find your local shop and support him, things might be a little more but the reports and advice that you gain are priceless, hope the move gose well it can get a bit streesfull, but its worth it !!!!!
    garry

Hi mate welcome
    You should check out doug burts tackle word on the gold coast they will be able to supply any thing that you need and the advise that they give is a1
    good luck Peter

mate you're in a great area for fishing, casting distance to both sides of the coast, plenty of bream flatty etc in the canals near you, as well as some excellent beach and rock fishing, drop me a pm when you get here and you're ready to fish, i'll take you around some decent spots, as for our children there's a multitude of platforms they can safely fish from in comfort and still catch a decent haul day or night. my 5 year old daughter comes fishing with me at least once a week and she always outfishes me so there's plenty out there for the children.
    ashley

great fishing around robina,burleighwaters,any goldy canals are good,trevally,jacks,bream,flathead,queenies,bull sharks,anywhere is good if your at the right spot at the right time.,travell around and you can find heaps north and south goldy
    If i could get paid the same to fish, sorry boss but i ......!

also, depending what type of fishing your into, the fresh/brackish waterways/lakes throughout Robind hold some monster mullet, plenty of gar, flathead and bream with the odd bass lurking around. (I didnt believe it untill my bro came home with one he caught on a spinnerbait)

As mentioned previously, Nerang disposals is the place to get kitted up. If they dont stock it - they can order it in. Good advice and great on prices too.
    .......Ash

hey mate,
    i live in Robina Island myself on the freshwater. i have caught some monster bream and bass in there. also like the saint said around th bond uni area can be quite productive. PM me when you get here and i will give you some more information if you like.
    cheers josh
    Last edited by laney; 21-08-2007 at 07:29 AM.

Welcome to the Goldie!!! The Robina area is a very good place for fishing. You will definately catch a good mixed bag around the bridge near bond Uni, one of the students used to have a line out from his room at Varsity Towers and regularly caught Bull sharks there. Have heard of bream, flatties, queenies, trevors and other fish caught in that area. I live pretty clos by (Bonogin, just over the highway) and like going down there after work sometimes, send me a PM and we might be able to catch up.

Brett

PS: Go Camping (Nerang Dispaosals) is a great place to get your tackle and local advice. Friendly knowledgable people with good prices, and the camping side of it is awesome too. I spend WAY too much time there.

May 2006 Order New Hilux - June 2006 Order ARB & Other Goodies - August 2006 Organise fitting of ARB & Other Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Delivery of New Hilux with Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Break Goodies - 3rd September 2006 Use Angle Grinder to Modify New Goodies - 4th July 2007 BEND ARB rear protection bar (Big Rocks) - 31st July 2007 Notice cracked welds in the ute tub. TWIST!! - September 2007 Bend Alloy Side Steps - Feb 2008 Install steel side steps - March 2008 Bend Steel steps & Punture Diff Lock Air Line

Also check out Angler's Warehouse in Tweed Heads