Thread: weather

weather

I fish out from Coochie and often refer to the seabreeze report for the Banana banks and Cleaveland weather report; I am always amazed at how much difference there is in the weather. Showing right now 14 knots for B Banks and 0 knots for Cleaveland Has anybody worked out a better way to predict for that area?

Re: weather

best to start your own weather prediction from the local maps, you will be amazed how good you will get after a while of studying the weather maps for a while and just seeing how the highs and lows work in your area, after all, that's what the "experts" do.

I would be surprised if there was much difference in the isobars between Cleveland and the Banana Banks LOL

I'd say the answer is in where the wind detectors are located. The Clevelannd one is probably protected from at least some wind directions.

Better way - poke your head out the window or take the report from the more exposed wind detector as more reliable.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

G'day

I know what yo mean, the cleveland station is in raby bay canals, and as such would be protected.

It's also offline and may not be up again.

Dave

Dont get me started on the "seabreeze" site.. Yesterday it was going to be sunny with a 5k wind at the GC Seaway. Turns out it was cold, cloudy, 15-20k southerly. Next time I will just flip a coin.

Hey SharkyMark,
    I general compare Seabreeze to the BOM marine/boating forecasts. If the two match up you're pretty right!

If they don't, you may have to re think your plans.

mark

Dont get me started on the "seabreeze" site.. Yesterday it was going to be sunny with a 5k wind at the GC Seaway. Turns out it was cold, cloudy, 15-20k southerly. Next time I will just flip a coin
    KGW3 no it was not i spent yesterday from 8am till 11:30am at the sea way was a little cloudy but 10knot breeze and was allmost calm
    "True Blue"

hey loophole,
    what did u catch?

greg

nothing much coulpe of bream biggest 34cm. spent most of my time sightseeing
    "True Blue"

Yeah, cant beat the good old pin. i went down there last sat, fishing bit quiet so headed up to tipplers, couple light beers and lunch. its a top spot, then back to do bit fishing after high tide.

cheers
    greg

Loophole..
    On Show day,I walked to the ramp near Charis's as I live 200 metres from there, and had to put long on pants on because it was cold. (And I am a Mexican) There was a South Westerly wind lapping water over the pontoon. That .. to me is not boatng weather, but you may be more tolerant.