Thread: Happy Herbert Holiday

Happy Herbert Holiday

Well you can take the boy out of north Queensland....but he'll keep wanting to come back to visit!!

Had a couple of weeks off for the school holidays in late July - was a good time to be away from the freezing temperatures at home (even northern NSW got temps down to -9 !!) although the north was bloody cold (~freezing) for that time of the year as well.

Camped for a few days with good friends on the Herbert River - absolutely beautiful place - an old favourite - and althought the fish were pretty well shut down - managed a couple of sooties (see attached) the family loved it which bodes well for returning again (when the weather's warmer and the barra are on the chew!).
    'Stick to fishing instead of fighting' - JC

Re: Happy Herbert Holiday

My daughter Bodhi continued her fishing career with a nice sooty that put up a great fight on her little ugly stick!
    Last edited by Jim_Tait; 14-08-2007 at 11:34 AM.

Nice looking spot mate,I had to do a google to see where it was ,can't be to many crocs around .
    wamjam

There are a couple of large crocs not too far away from where we camped - we were careful - had a good look around (they're usually not to hard to find during cold weather) before boating and nearshore activities - the area in front of the camp was clear and shallow - giving us a bit iof a head start if need be!

Sounded like a good time by all cheers

Some nice photos,sooties are one of the best freshwater fish in my books.

Nice Fish ,
    That was an old stomping ground for years. Sure makes me want to head back up that way.

Good report mate... only just noticed it now! And talk about coincedence, Im heading there tomorrow for a few nights. Last time I was there the Sooties were going OFF... fish a cast with poppers.

Cheers

Theo.
    TT