Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 44cm whiting

Re: 44cm whiting

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    read again for th weight
    Is thinking maybe he should wear his glasses when on puter too

sorry for the slow reply drew i am a better fisherman than a computer operator. it is a whiting from the gold coast you can tell by the dark colour. i will try and post the whiting from rainbow shortly.for those interested it was caught on a bloodworm on 6 lb line not in the nerang but one of the other gold coast rivers. youngy.

Quote Originally Posted by surf_man View Post
    lovely fish wayne, congrats

was that the rainbow comp whiting

drew

Hi Drew - no that was one from the Gold Coast - not Nerang though.
    I think the fish Wayne won the Rainbow comp with was a little smaller - 700g.

Congrats on your success up there too mate.

See you in the surf.

Dave ><>
    PS - If Wayne ever works out how to turn his computer on I'm sure he'll post here trouble is he's only just worked out how to use an electric can opener!!

Drew,

This is the Rainbow Beach winning whiting. 700grms / 41cm.

Notice the different colour between the creek and beach fish.

Cheers, Youngy.Attachment 11527

both, beautifull fish wayne. thought the big fella looked a little on the dark side for double island. they are a special catch at that size, nice healthy specimens congrats.... youv'e just inspired me to head up the beach again next weekend!

cheers Dave, i love fishing that beach. cant wait till the comp next year, will probly check out evans next year like you suggested also.

Drew

hey wayne great to see someone is getting some decent whiting from the goldcoast rivers the nerang has been fished out for big whiting like that
    "True Blue"

i agree with you loophole but there are still some big whiting in the side canals but you have to be patient
    the main river is still the best place to get a feed of 30cm whiting that are the best eating size
    youngy

I caught one a few years back down in Sydney (spit bridge) and it was 45cm. It was just massive and I had never seen a whiting that big in my life...

A great effort guys :-)

Thats a wopper.
    Very Impressive