Thread: Prossie Weekend

Prossie Weekend

Spent the weekend down at prossie with my wife and fishing pal to try and fish for some cool weather barra. Expectations were fairly confident on finding a fish. Arrived at Camp kanga on friday around 3pm and sent up camp and on the water by 4pm.

Decided to find some weed edges aroundpoints and bays and find warm water. On sunset my wife hooked up onto a nice fish the jumped initially then powered around the boat for the next 5 min. After a few anxoius runs under the boat my mate netted her first big barra that went right onto the 1Mtr mark. The big fish was carefully held and a few pics taken before retuning to the water to swim off.

Lure that did the damage was a 80mm Squidgy slick rig in Neon green. I was so happy that she managed to catch her PB and beat my best as well .
    Over the next 2 days fished the same area aswell as exploring some more territory for small results. I lost a good fish last night that spat my 150mm squidgy fish in drop bear with a stinger

Was pretty happy with the results as talk around camp was very slow fishing with the odd undersize fish caught. This morning the temp would of prob got as low as 12'c so its till pretty cold.Will be back in 3 weeks so hopefully the weather will warmen up and the fish will come on.

Enjoy the pics

Cheers

Aaron

Re: Prossie Weekend

Good report Aaron and congrats to your wife on that stomper. Gotta be happy with that!

Cheers,
    Matt

Hi Mate,
    Nice fish Briohny! Aaron I hope you can put me onto some of those when I come up.
    Cheers
    Jesper

Hi Jesper,

I plan to get a few under the belt before you come up. Looking forward to it actually. If the weather stays warm I thinkk the next month will be really good.

Speak to you soon.

Cheers

Aaron

Hi Jesper,

I plan to get a few under the belt before you come up. Looking forward to it actually. If the weather stays warm I thinkk the next month will be really good.

Speak to you soon.

Cheers

Aaron