Thread: Boat ramp at Gladstone ???

Boat ramp at Gladstone ???

Does anyone know any info about an upgrade to the main boat ramp at Gladstone .... is there's one on the cards or not ?
    I have just spent a week down at the Gold Coast and watch as the boats glide into the soft sand beside the boat ramp then jump out and get their cars. Apparently they have rubber on some of their ramps to protect boats. Even floating pontoons to come in and wait for your turn to get your boat out.
    I was envious !!!
    Beside our boat ramps is mud and rocks, great for the bottom of the boat.
    I mentioned this to my mate and he said that they are suppose to be doing something soon with Goondoon Street boat ramp but I haven't heard anything going on so I thought I would ask here.
    If there is nothing happening, why the hell not ? We have a huge per head of population when it come to boat owners in the city, almost one of the largest in Australia so you think they would look after us.

Re: Boat ramp at Gladstone ???

Hey Rumy1, My old girl was talking about this the other day,Apparently there is somthing in the pipeline for the main ramp. Needs a birthday if you ask me , i will find out what the deal is and give you the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by turtleshead View Post
    Hey Rumy1, My old girl was talking about this the other day,Apparently there is somthing in the pipeline for the main ramp. Needs a birthday if you ask me , i will find out what the deal is and give you the heads up.
    Thanks matey ! Just about to go and have a keel guard supplied and fitted for $500.

Theres talk of doing up the whole of the waterfront area . This will mean locating the boat ramp and marine rescue building. Comment by the Mayor,Peter Corones the other day was that nothing would be done until satisfactory negotiations were carried out. (Whatever that means)
    Now the Barney Point Freeway has been built to divert the trucks from Flinders Parade you can expect there will be a push by developers to get their hands on that prime piece of real estate. I'd hate to be hanging by the family jewels waiting for a nice sandy piece of bay to sit your boat on though
    THE POOR MAN ALWAYS PAYS TWICE

Mangomick why aren't you out fishing on a great night like tonight ? Or should I say morning ... look at the time !