Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any news from Monduran?

Re: Any news from Monduran?

Quote Originally Posted by aaron_gilmour View Post
    Hey boys,

I didnt net the fish nor did they boys keep it!! I am not defending their actions just stating what happenend and heard on the grape vine. I personally wasnt on the boat so who knows what went through their heads. Bass was the target so maybe they were having a tough bite.

Pete,

I travelled all over the dam during the weekend. Personaaly didnt fish any further than whit rock for barra though. Most of the bays in the back of timbered area has some weed but near the main basin there was some good edges as well.

Cheers

Aaron

Think that that sums it up Aaron, a total brain snap by them, would be my opinion.

Have been fishing for Barra for a few decades and have never kept a metre plus fish, even though have caught more than my share.

Those large fish are too good to be caught only the once, and one in stress is no trophy for anyone.

Can do without those type of so call fishermen in our midst.

Thanks for your comments Jas, as one of the truly sport fishermen around, it really great to have you comment on these issues.

Hope that the weather, (Drought, Rain and cold weather) all improve.

But we must restock all impoundments on a regular basis to keep up the year classes where possible. Over to the stocking groups and my best wishes in these times to all.

Regards

Trev
    Last edited by mylestom; 14-08-2007 at 06:57 PM.

Sorry for the knee jerk but I was afraid that the post was heading in the wrong direction from its original topic.

Totally agree with trev and the stocking to preserve year classes. In the 4 times I have fished monduran i have caught barra in the same year class as each time the barra are 3-5cm bigger than last time. Iwas very happy to catch some smaller fish on one of the trips as you could see the stocking working and different year classes coming through.

Its funny how at prossie on my first trip most people I talked to said they caught meteries. Out of the 20 or so spoken to I never got the reply that they had caught a 60 or a 80 like I was catching. Maybe I was the only 1 but i think not. Big barrra dams have their reputation to uphold I spose

Pete, when you get closer to the time send us a Pm and i point out a few area to try.

Cheers

Aaron

Thanks Aaron, you're a champ. I will PM you in October.

Pete