Thread: Trolling Rod for TLD15

Trolling Rod for TLD15

I've got a TLD15 that I want to use for trolling this upcoming summer season, just wanting some advice for a suitable rod.

I'll be running 8kg mono, and the plan is to try and keep the combo as light as possible (I want it to feel real light to pick up and use - (i'm not referring to line class weight)).

Plan on trolling baits, laser pros and small skirts for the usual summer suspects. And would like a rod around 6foot.

I've gone on a few tyre kicking missions to the tackle shops but most of the rods I've checked out are a little heavy.

Trying to keep the budget under $200.

Look forward to reading some ideas

oddbudman

Re: Trolling Rod for TLD15

I have a Shimano backbone 15 kg rod with a TLD 15 on it. I like the feel of it - but maybe a little heavier than you are looking for

cheers

You should try and purcahse a shimano t-curve game series rod, either the 6kg or 8kg, these rods should be light because of their high graphite content and they are also fully rollered as well. At the moment they have old model t-cruve 6kg game rod for 239 and the new model 8kg rod for 299, I know they are a bit over your limit but they are very good rods. A mates dad runs 15kg over an 8kg t-cruve and it does it with ease. But 6kg rod should be good for your purposes, nice and light and you can feel everything.

If you want light, Tcurve 200 jig rod. It will give you a really versatile outfit that loads up well on 8-10kg and is capable of 24kg. I run a torium 20 with 15kg mono on it and would have no hesitation running 8.

jaredluke,

where abouts can i get one of the 6kg tcurves for 239?

oddbudman

M O Tackle, the only thing is you have to buy it online and it costs $15 for delivery any where in Australia. Just google Mo Tackle