Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: hobbies other than fishing

Re: hobbies other than fishing

other hobbies...

bowhunting, boxing and rugby league (watching nowdays), stock market, internet, ....

Well I'm half way through painting my boat,make floats for blackfish, build model plans,And play squash.

When im not fishing i try and go to the gym or run around the lake a few times a week and of a night i like to sit down and play online games the shooter types realy is a good stress reliever after a bad day jump in a game and blow some bad guys away.

On every pier there’s one weirdo, when you get on have a look around and if you can’t spot him then its most likely you.

What a top thread! I've had plenty of hobbies over the years; cycling, cricket, Aussie Rules, rugby union, motocross have gone the way of the Dodo (too damned old). Gardening makes an occasional appearance, but I generally pay someone else to do that these days.

I always watch the mighty Adelaide Crows when they come to Brisbane.

I love watching cricket - my Sons (Redland Tigers) and the Australian team. I travel from Brissy to Adelaide (Adelaide Oval Member) each year for the Test, and I watch it at the Gabba, too. Been known to stay up all night watching, especially the Poms. I plan on watching an Australia England Test at The Oval one day.

I don't drink much any more, but I have a tidy collection of red wine.

I like computer games, and reading.

I have a huuuuuge Scalextric set - in boxes - I lost that passion.

My favourite (other than fishing) is HO scale model railroading. I've built 3 layouts, and didn't like any of them. So now downstairs is about to get a reno, and I'll have two rooms, one 3.3 * 3.3, and the other about 4*5, joined under the stairs. Will be properly lit and air conditioned, right for the job. If anyone wants to help with trains, PM me! My money for the toys, your labour to put 'em together!
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Hobbies i got atm are Aquariums,Computer Games,Table Tennis and i like pool also.
    A couple of years ago it was "Extreme"Scootering and Woodwork.
    I'll most definatly keep with Aquariums for a long long time.

Cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Well a year ago in this thread, I promised that I was going to knuckle down and get a bit more serious about learning Photoshop. I did, but then got waylaid by a process called HDR. You can see the results if you click on my sig.

When I've finished uploading all my pics, then I will get serious about photoshop. I'll raise this thread again in another year and ley you know how it's going

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Working ,working and when i finally get some time there is always more work to do.
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

kev,

nice photoshop work... using your levels a bit and working in cmyk?

mike
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by charleville View Post

Well, I read a lot, write a bit, do gardening when there is water, play the euphonium about once per year, sleep more and more during the day, go walking, do a bit of handyman stuff around the house, a bit of woodworking now and then, tend to my orchids when the mood takes me, and I am about to resurrect a long but lost love of cycling. This is what I brought home this week.....27 speeds of sheer indulgence for peddling around Brisbane's hilly streets and bikeways...

Nice bike Charleville. The industry I just left was basically a Bicycle Mechanic and fitness equipment techician doing repairs and assemblies for nearly alll leading retailers such as K-Mart, Target, Big W, ##### #########, and Rebel Sport. Giant bikes have always had a good reputation for quality. The one you bought home looks like it has all the good gear on it including threadless head. Nice bike to ride.

I guess I should list some of my other hobbies seeing as it is what the thread is about.
    I also love going offroad, golf, aquariums, aviation, computers, Mountain bike riding, and playing guitar. I also excel in driving my wife nuts but that has not yet been classified officially as a hobby but I am working on it.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by 84mick View Post
    Well my latest hobbie is my 13 week old son!

Cheers, Mick.
    Making them is a hobby . Raising them is the reward.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aigutso View Post
    kev,

nice photoshop work... using your levels a bit and working in cmyk?

mike
    Thanks Mike. No, I've never used layers or anything in PS other than sharpen, crop, and saturate, and I work in RGB. I use tone mapping a bit (HDR) with photomatix to rescue the pretty mediocre landscapes that I shot (in rain) whilst on holiday. HDR is a Godsend for sometimes rescuing pics.............. that is, if you see potential in something, but the weather or light is crap, you can sometimes take the shot anyway and see what you can do with it in HDR.

I really must knuckle down and learn PS though.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Do you need another one ....... Lure , Fly ,Bait ..... thats 3

Nagg

For some reason Im getting everybodies posts on my email, Moderaters can you fix it please.

Quote Originally Posted by philzero44 View Post
    For some reason Im getting everybodies posts on my email, Moderaters can you fix it please.
    Got to Member cp,,edit options,,default thread subsciption mode,,, and choose no email notification.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

well when i have some spare time from running my commercial cleaning business other than fishing which is embedded into me lol. my hobby is breeding show budgerigars, or should i say consistently trying too.

cheers

Ron