Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: hobbies other than fishing

Re: hobbies other than fishing

Great to read everyones interests.

We can never understand people who say they'll be bored when they retire. We've got so many hobbies that we certainly can't do justice to them while we have to keep working, maybe there'll be enough time when we retire (doubt it!!)

Our kids (getting older and more independant now), guitar, drum, didgeridoo, drawing, watercolour painting, organic gardening (especially fruit and vegetables), slow cooking in a cobb oven we built in our yard (photo attached), friends, mosaics, leadlight, camping, chess, want to start doing blacksmithing, building things for the house/garden, cycling, music of all sorts but especially live and in small venues...on and on and on...

Anyway its all about living life to the full!!

C&C

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Some more pictures of that 2 door Monaro and the next 'project' the mate has lined up for me.
    This one is an SS Monaro and we actually had to put it together a bit to get it on the truck. Not too bad for something that was 'supposed' to be going
    Then there's a purple GTS 4 door to get done

Love it Scotty. How long did it take you to do it?

I got a 68 Brougham that needs a bit of love.

I like tinkering around in the shed i once made a bed out of old fence pailings and telegraph pole bits that hold the wire. Played a bit of indoor cricket for a few years.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

I don't mind testing my skills, judgement and the weather conditons with a bit of long range shooting when I get the chance. I love "fly" shoots and the BR50 targets the most. Both unforgiving and very challenging. The "fly" target is just that a horsefly sized fly image in the middle of a target paper you set out at ranges depending on your calibre. I like the 500m most and have tried the 1000m targets from time to time. 200m fly only interests me if the conditions are suitable for my choice of gun.

Failing that i like removing heads of bunnies varminting in the granite belt highlands.

I would love to be able to afford to take up competitive clay target shooting once more but geez a second mortgage isn't what i want these days.

Jack.
    Last edited by tunaticer; 09-08-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Hi all I like to ride old dirters myself. Huskies ( 84 250 xc , 85 400 wrx , 96 360 wr ) Trail ride , VMX , and do occasional club motocross ( slowly ). I like road bikes but don`t ride one , some of them are works of art. I think my latest hobby is buying fishing gear and not actually going fishing. Got to keep the economy up. cheers gaz

Just a thought for you guys who think (thought) you had hung up your helmet,

I got my first bike Ls when I was 16 & 9 mnths & 2 days, (had to fall on a Saturday didn't it). My bum was pretty much glued to a bike seat for the next 15 odd years.
    Family dramas over 13 years ago made it necessary for me to sell my pride & joy, an immaculate '79 Bonneville, just to keep our heads above water.
    With that bike went my will to ride, THAT'S IT, IT'S OVER.

It took 12 years for the worms to start biting again..........................

So guess what i did,
    will post a pic of my most recent Triumph, which was almost a copy of the last.

Will also post a pic of the Ducati that replaced it after I remembered what a pain in the bum the old pommy pieces of sh!t are (only a Triumph owner can say that & get away with it).

Muzz

Ausfish Bronze Member

My hobbies are gardening, building a 5 inch gauge steam loco (a Simplex) to drive around our 26 acre property, RC planes, Shooting and hunting feral pigs and cats and at the moment, I am building a recumbent trike. I love writing and write stories about German Shepherds and also a novel about a little boy who fell down a bore hole in Qld. A lot of my free time, being retired, is spent as a councelor working with people who are hurting.
    Eagle

been interesting reading everyones hobbies

I have just found out my old air pistol, cleaned it and also found a tin of pellets in the box, and 50 targets, so have been plugging paper

Goodonya Dave, Keep the aim true mate.

Jack.

Yeah Dave....I get into gardening, landscaping, rare plants, gardening forums, write music and play guitar...in between work and fishing

Ed

If not fishing i'm down once a month with Volunteer Marine Resque ( Jacobs Well )....Footy with my boys in winter....Summer - Mowing,cleaning the pool,4wd,play guitar,WORK .....and the big one Family Life..this one takes up a lot of time

Cheers
    Scott
    Last edited by AutoPilot; 10-08-2007 at 09:39 AM.

apart from the hobbie of trying to keep the handbrake happy
    I also cycle , walk , read , drink s few xxxx, like to tour this beautiful country , have just come back from a week in NZs south island (fantastic place )
    football (soccer ) rugby league go the Broncos & chasing a little white ball with an oversize stick .
    gheers fae haggis.........................

Hi all - interesting thread .

I really enjoy growing Australian native plants ,
    growing , hybridizing and judging orchids ,
    I like reading ,
    I enjoy watching test cricket for hours on end , and playing with my 3 young grandkids.

But most of all I love fishing .

Keep catchen'em and keep well.

Steve

Hi,

well I do several things beside fishing (depends on the weather) : mountain biking, scuba diving, flying, kayaking. I used to do much more when I was younger and had much more spare time.

My hobbie is very basic I love fishing but the next best thing is camping, and taking photo's of the surroundings, I

My hobbie is very basic I love fishing but the next best thing is camping, and taking photo's of the surroundings, I just love the outdoors.