Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: hobbies other than fishing

Re: hobbies other than fishing

Did woodcraft for a long time making chess tables, tapestry frames, mirrors,bars,timber clocks really anything my turner mate and I could sell at the craft markets however after bi-lateral carpel tunnel ops and the loss of most of my hand strength I now just tinker with my tinny and go fishing with my son Brett and grandson Adam .
    maybe one day I'll get back to the finer art of playing with timber .
    cheers Terry
    Last edited by maztez; 13-10-2008 at 04:35 PM. Reason: spelling

I love motor racing,ive done a bit but way back in the eighties, heres a old photo of dick johnson and me with our old machinery.
    My little capri looks tiny next to dicks xe

Golf, golf, reading golf mags, poking around golfworld, walking golf courses, watching PGA on Austar.

Red face Re: hobbies other than fishing

Well I just got a new hobby! Looking at Wahoos Avatair.

It really needs to big bigger mate it would be great wall paper on the 'puter.

4x4, motor cycles, leather work carving, and tinkering in the shed, sorting stuff, emptying brown bottles of brew to make room for more brew . I also have hundreds of records if anyone is really interested from the 70's to CD.

I probably spend way too much time on ausfish but it frees the mind from other things and that has to be good especially for those of us who deal with stress and trauma on a daily basis.

THE SHED. they say a pic is worth words.
    Last edited by darylive; 17-10-2008 at 11:47 AM. Reason: pics

Thumbs up Re: hobbies other than fishing

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo59 View Post
    I love motor racing,ive done a bit but way back in the eighties, heres a old photo of dick johnson and me with our old machinery.
    My little capri looks tiny next to dicks xe
    Jimbo the old falcon is OK but the CAPRI now that is truly legendary stuff!

Yeah there good cars,it actually was a bit of a rocket back then 380 hp 950kg 135mph thru the kink on radial tyres .

my hobbie is doing up old fiberglass boats and than fish out of them

Blueline,I have a 12ft glass boat in good nick for sale if your interested.Phil

Hard finding the extra $ and time however i've always been into African Cichlids, Bodyboading (been a while .. ) , General Boating, 4wding.