Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MBAA Update on the Moreton Bay Marine Park Review

Re: MBAA Update on the Moreton Bay Marine Park Review

Quote Originally Posted by Aigutso View Post
    With Peel, theres the Red and Yellow areas, whats the difference there?

Mike

from what i know, the red areas are for rec anglers, and the yellow is for pro's.
    i may have this arse about face!

cheers

lippa

Todays Courier Mail

ANGLERS have accused the Environmental Protection Agency of being high-handed, bullying and dishonest over the rezoning of Moreton Bay.
    They say the consultation process is a sham and the EPA has already largely decided where Moreton Bay Marine Park green zones will go. Queensland Game Fishing Association conservation officer Evan Jones said yesterday he had written a letter of complaint to Environment Minister Lindy Nelson-Carr and Premier Peter Beattie.
    Last Wednesday about 30 stakeholders were shown a map of 35 "places of interest" – areas expected to form the basis of green zones.
    The EPA refused to distribute the map for analysis of potential closures and has refused to provide information such as a total area of green zones. After complaints, the EPA provided map co-ordinates.
    Stakeholders believe there will be no fishing of any kind in a minimum 10 per cent of each of the 16 bioregions in the park.
    Dr Jones said his organisation was given just six days to work out where the 35 areas were, analyse them, consult 20 affiliated clubs and respond.
    "We were told that under no circumstances were we to have a copy of their map although they said we could do mud maps," Dr Jones said.
    He said a complaint to EPA director-general Terry Wall had brought the response that detailed maps would not be issued because this would lead to misinformation.
    Ms Nelson-Carr yesterday defended the EPA, saying extensive consultation had occurred, including one-on-one meetings with the association.
    "I appointed a representative from this organisation to the stakeholder reference group," Ms Nelson-Carr said.
    "They have attended regularly and been briefed by the department and had the opportunity to have input through this process."
    Currently, only 0.5 per cent of the bay is in no-go or green zones. Commercial fishers agree this has to be increased, but the extent and placement of zones will be crucial, especially as compensation claims will be launched.
    A panel headed by the University of Queensland's Paul Greenfield has recommended at least 10 per cent of the park stretching 125km from Caloundra to the Gold Coast be in green zones.
    Ms Nelson-Carr said stakeholders were not given a map because changes were expected.
    Maps would be provided when a draft zoning plan had been produced.
    The plan would be released for comment at the end of the year, and it would be finalised in the second half of 2008.

I would suggest that now is the time to get upset about specific areas that are under consideration rather than when the "draft" is released

Neil
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I didn't see any maps there of the tip of Bribie across Caloundra bar to the Caloundra headland, or inside the Pumicestone passage at Caloundra for that matter. Did I miss it, or is that area off the 'hit list'?

Jeremy
    Giday Jeremy

This is also an area i'm concerned about seems to be missing from brians maps!

As far a other area's go, i dont reckon it's that bad , sure peels is a bit of a bugger and there are a few other pieces of stuff i loose ( been playing with the gps for about a hour ) but all in all not to bad deep offshore area 19, 13 and 7 have me a bit stumped how did they work these out? i loose a bit of pearlie ground in 7, offshore area 13 covers Nat pinnical and some of the nth 35'5 but really seems to be targeted at the pinnicals in this area. ( i know why but they will never admit it, blows there lies out of the water) and area 19 is near some good stuff, bit strange.

Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

If this entire process was a movie it would be ground hog day.

While the document is far to lenghty to post here anyone really interested in the process, the games, the methodology and ultimately the outcome & effect of the bay rezoning they should read the submission lodged by TFPQ into the review of the Great Brrier Reef Marine Park authority after the RAP rezoning went so pear shaped.

Same players, same process and I am sad to say, pretty much the same outcomes and effects are likely.

MBAA have done a great job of involving themselves in the process and I just hope, at the end of the day, they are not left as dissapointed as many of the lobby groups, peak bodies and LMAC's were.

Someone with the computer smarts to do so can post a link to the submission document which still sits on the GBRMPA site or email me direct and I will send them a copy.

It makes sobering reading in light of what is happening here and is worth the effort.

You need to learn from past experiences and see how the game is played.

Regards

KC

Quote Originally Posted by kc View Post
    If this entire process was a movie it would be ground hog day.

While the document is far to lenghty to post here anyone really interested in the process, the games, the methodology and ultimately the outcome & effect of the bay rezoning they should read the submission lodged by TFPQ into the review of the Great Brrier Reef Marine Park authority after the RAP rezoning went so pear shaped.

Same players, same process and I am sad to say, pretty much the same outcomes and effects are likely.

MBAA have done a great job of involving themselves in the process and I just hope, at the end of the day, they are not left as dissapointed as many of the lobby groups, peak bodies and LMAC's were.

Someone with the computer smarts to do so can post a link to the submission document which still sits on the GBRMPA site or email me direct and I will send them a copy.

It makes sobering reading in light of what is happening here and is worth the effort.

You need to learn from past experiences and see how the game is played.

Regards

KC
    Here it is http://www.environment.gov.au/coasts...hing-party.pdf

Alas...on past form it won't matter what anyone says, our dictator...oops I mean Permier does as he pleases and does nto give a rats rectum what the public think or want. A good example is the recent local council amalgamations.

finding time...I would not say that any of it is good..if they get what they want now without any sort of hue and cry then they will go ahead and close more. Anyone that trusts this current State Govt based on their past performances needs to take their blinkers off.

Saved me typing a few words there Pinhead. Maybe we could write a letter to Johnny and see what he can do.

This is scary stuff and I get the feeling very little success will be gained through any protestant stance that is taken. So very frustrating.

the figure of 10% seems to keep coming up yet read the attached page from the AMCS..they want 20% of all known habitats:

http://www.amcs.org.au/default2.asp?active_page_id=405#

and then in their annual report they want 20 to 50% of known habitats
    http://www.amcs.org.au/images/about/...Report2006.pdf

They want 100% in fact

And world vegetarianism

I am not joking I sebscribe to their web sites etc

The most useful thing in that report was the list of supporters. At least I can add a few businesses never to support.

I wish you guy all the luck in the world & i hope you suceed, My experience tells me the greens will beat you. they have the votes and they dont fight fair.

Best of luck

BigE

Just realized when putting the pics up i had missed 3, so here they are.
    regards

Webby
    I heard Hayes Inlet at Redcliffe mentioned, but it doesn't seem to be on any of the maps?
    Scott