Thread: Blank Help

Blank Help

Hi,

looking at a few blanks for a build i plan on starting soon.

the blank needs to be able to cast 1/8th ounce jigheads a good distance and be in the realm of 6-15lb, will be casting 1/8 and 1/6th the most but sometimes up to say 3/8th or 1/2ounce

using it for snapper on plastics over here in brisbane matched to a shimano biomaster 2008 C3000. running 20lb braid and leaders ranging from 10lb to 30lb

so far ive got

G-Loomis P902-GL3 (rated to 1/4 as min cast weight so a bit worried on casting 1/8th ounce)

G-Loomis SJ843-GL3

GUSA B70M

which in your opinion would be best suited to the job?

Thanks

Re: Blank Help

i have just been informed that the SJ is probably not what im after

so down the the GUSA or the popping G Loomis

anyone else have ideas?

I am just having a B70m built by a mate this week i will let you know how it goes , i am having it built as a medium softplaccie rod ...matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thanks for that mate thatd be great if you could let me know how it turns out and performs

Cheers

i think its out of the B70M GUSA or the popping Loomis

P902-GL3 7'6 MED-LIGHT FAST 6-15lb 1/4-1/2oz

or

B70M 7' Fast Medium 6-17lb 1/8-5/16

any thoughts?

Go the GUSA B70M. I recently built a B65XH and absolutely love it. Great blank.

Mark

Have a look at the lamiglas range of blanks.Ian

Where can you buy the Graphite USA blanks? I can't find anyone in Sydney who has them.

I'm also interested in the GUSA B70M - sounds like what I'm looking for re an SP snapper rod.

Any advice appreciated.

order from therodworks.com

or there is ########.com.au

or mudhole.com

Mines finished it was spinning on the rod lathe waiting for the 2 pak to dry when i went there this afternoon i will have it in my hands friday afternoon it looks like the goods to me , hoping to get a chance to give it a run this weekend ...matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

awesome mate

i think im goign the B70M aswell

so let us know how she performs yeah?

Thanks

mate depends on how much you want to spend gusa in 702 dhx rated 6 to 17 lb is a great blank just got some in i will see how it goes .. the701 dhx is great only lighter 6/12 a lammi glass in lc722 8 /14lb . even st croix are great mate need any help let me know just email me . bandicoot@ausfish.com.au

Anyone after a GUSA or Hastings blank contact Peter Williams at gccr@optusnet.com.au. He will provide you with expert advice on just what you are after.

Regards
    Mark

not for the next 3 weeks though as he is in the States but think he is checking emails.
    Cheers, Jan.

woops, Mark already left email address, lol.
    Jan.