Thread: Vanuatu - Huge Blue Marlin

Vanuatu - Huge Blue Marlin

Some news from my sister in Port Vila;

"Blue Dog", a new game boat fishing out of Port Vila, Vanuatu caught their first Blue Marlin on Saturday 4th August. The fish went an amazing 1142lb. The biggest Blue caught in the area for a long time.

Crew of Dean Butler, Russ Housby and two locals were fishing with US fly fishing angler Tom Evans when they raised the giant and used a Yellow Fin pitch bait on conventional 130lb gear.

Should have some photos of the fish this week.

Re: Vanuatu - Huge Blue Marlin

cant wait to see the photos, was in vanuatu about a month ago was awsome fishing, a bluey over 1000lbs what a dream.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Gday Clay, Good to see the boys blood it in style. Cant wait for the piccies.

The boat looks very nice. Lucky mofos.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Looks like the Pleysier "Inkwazi" rebadged. Looks like Tom did go ahead with buying it then. He had Biggles and Dean Butler test driving it for him down at Port Stephens in February.

Yes it is/was Inkwazi. Had a heap of work done on the Gold Coast. It only left here a month ago. Pretty sure Tom would be happy with his investment.

Great news Custaro! Russ crewed on my charter boat some years ago and I could tell he was going to make a name for himself one day. His attention to detail and tackle rigging is second to none.
    Good on the young gun!

Re: Vanuatu - Huge Blue Marlin - pics

After an unexpected return to Port Villa they were able to offload these pics.

That is a fantastic fish great colouration in it. Now I'm not having a dig because I know more than likely the fish would have gone to good use, but it is a little bit of a shame to see something like that dead rather than reeased to provide us with more of those monsters.

Disregard that pm mate. Isn't she a beauty! Thats big.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!