Thread: what yours best catch of snapper?

what yours best catch of snapper?

just wondering what peoples best haul of snapper in a day or night?

Re: what yours best catch of snapper?

herd of the pro in my street gettting 200 hundred and us well bag out most time we go out

Few years back when living in SA mate and I went out behind Torrens Island off St Kilda in 4 ft of water, and only caught 2 snapper. Mine went 99cm and 12.50KG his was 97cm and 12.45kg. Both on 6kg line.

We thought that a good catch until we went to Whyalla off Point Bonython and caught 7 snapper the smallest went 9.30kg. Now that was a good fishing.

The skipper I used to work for , line fished just over a tonne in a night when he was a pro.

hi everyone 2-day me and my dad just caught a 7k snapper me and dad were getting livies and my newest rod was going off before i could move 2 get it my dad was already there we were fishing off gold coast near 19 fathoms but the real reason we caught it was that was at home there was a person waiting with knives and forks and with a fish on his napkin so he will now have dinner

biggest snapper in boat...13.2kg (29.1/2lb) and went 1020mm.
    biggest from rocks 5.3kg and 76cm...
    whyalla.the boat fish was in 1995,(the ONLY snapper ive caught in a boat)
    the rocks was may 2007...have caught 4 fish around the 4-5kg mark in the last 4 days.......last year i landed 38 legal snapper from the rocks,this year im on 21 so far.most ive released back to the water....but gone are the days of catching the BIG nobbies from land....that happened 20yrs ago...i can remember going to rocks on ANY day of the week nd seeing 30 people fishing at 5 in the morning...and have seen 10 fish over 25lb on the rocks at the same time....bro got his biggest from rocks at 34lb....
    todays times a 5kg fish IS big from the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by niftynev View Post
    biggest snapper in boat...13.2kg (29.1/2lb) and went 1020mm.
    biggest from rocks 5.3kg and 76cm...
    whyalla.the boat fish was in 1995,(the ONLY snapper ive caught in a boat)
    the rocks was may 2007...have caught 4 fish around the 4-5kg mark in the last 4 days.......last year i landed 38 legal snapper from the rocks,this year im on 21 so far.most ive released back to the water....but gone are the days of catching the BIG nobbies from land....that happened 20yrs ago...i can remember going to rocks on ANY day of the week nd seeing 30 people fishing at 5 in the morning...and have seen 10 fish over 25lb on the rocks at the same time....bro got his biggest from rocks at 34lb....
    todays times a 5kg fish IS big from the rocks.
    not to say you cant get big fish from the rocks around whyalla....if you work for santos you can fish on the rocks in there grounds....place called commando point,(cause poeple have snuck in before).....you cast 20feet and hang on...and im NOT kidding...fish to easy 20-30lb....thats the main reason notmany big fish caught from rocks elsewhere...sanot is real deep,has a jetty 2.6km long and a big riptide that flows through it...thats where the biggies hang out....along with kingfish 6ft long.

ive never caught a snapper