Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "FLAMIN RIPTIDE" banks wed 1st

Re: "FLAMIN RIPTIDE" banks wed 1st

A top effort Rhys, Swano and the others, and a great report Rhys. Some great looking SP caught snapper there and that one Swano got is a stonker. What a bump!

A shame about the one that bricked you Rhys - sounds like it must have been an absolute horse. That hurts hey?.

Later,

Macca.

Thumbs up Re: "FLAMIN RIPTIDE" banks wed 1st

Thats a massive knob!!.....Great Fish!.....

Pete

Yeah Rob, missing a goodun is disappointing, but its what keeps ya going back!

I hope ya's talking about the fish head Pete!

Cheers

Rhys

Smile Re: "FLAMIN RIPTIDE" banks wed 1st

Thanks Swano and Rhys for a great report.

I went as deckie with Baycruiser and his mate yesterday as mid week snapper sickies are contagious! We left M'ba and fished gentlemen's hours from 7.00am launch to 4.30 return. Tried mid-banks 80 metre water and then 40-50 m. in arvo. Managed to burley and float line up our bag limit of squire and snaps with a few over 3 kg (biggest a bit over 4 kg) and a few tuskies and wrasse. We were happy little smelly-what-ever -you- call-ems, even though the wind had got up yo the best part of 20 knots for the run in.

The action at the banks is definitely quieter than this time last year, but it can,t always be that good.

I'm not sure about your questions regarding plastic sex lure toys and complicated knots for B&D cos I might be smelly, but I don't bat for the other side! Go the bait!
    If ya canna spear em, ya can jag em on a line.

Now Rhys, lets sought out a few extremely important issues here!
    In order you should learn
    (1) How to tie knots correctly to your hooks!
    (2) Never let crew members out fish you, especially with that plastic rubbish.
    (3) What happened to boat tax. That should be you in the pic holding the fish.

Im really disapointed because rumour has it that you hooked and LOST that big nobby on BAIT only to let the plastic wielding brigade get it.I also hear that on inspecting the big bone head it contained not only your hooks and fresh pilchard but no leader attached (knot failure).
    I expect better of you Rhys
    By the way nice fish swano ...foxy

Yeah Foxy,

You're right. My 7766 gang and pillie was still in its gullett!!!

Its true, I had hooked the big blighter on smellypoofterbait first! I felt the take, couple of head bumps, then snag and the plug...bugger, but I could still feel the fish...but she was stuck good and solid...gave it some slack, still to no avail...oh well, grunt, ping, bust. Didn't really want to show them up, really knew it was a prize fish and busted it off to give poor old Swano something to crow about...you know how it is...all about Swano!!!

But Foxy, a good deckie worth his salt will check all the gear and rigs..I take no responsibility...Swano has let us down in the knot tying department before...

As for boat tax...well ya gota let the boys have one now and then..even the tax man gives a return on the odd occasion! I thought about a legitimate claim but I'd seem like an indian giver seeings as it had my hooks in it letting him catch it and all!

Now tuskie...batting means a totally different thing to me - so I hope you don't bat at all!!! Mate I'm a recent starter in the SP brigade.. I know Foxy calls them bait jigs but I've seen too many excellent specimen's across the spectrum consistently taken and come into the boat to not give it a go...its all about the catch rate!

cheers

Rhys
    Last edited by revs57; 02-08-2007 at 05:10 PM.

(rhys wrote)I think the outfit he caught it on was a Penn PowerPoint with an affinity 4000 and 8lb braid with a 10 lb fluro leader in around 50 mts depth. A couple of times I'm sure he was into the backing...it let a number of cracker blistering runs off, to the point where at one point I thought it may have been a King or maybe a cobe, the thumps coming from a cobes powerful tail.

close old fella it was a penn proguide 2-4kg 7footer with 8lb braid and it was actually 20lb sufix invisiline leader that is a tough 100% flurocarbon and you saw the state it was in after the fight ???? not a scratch on it and the jig head was a gamakatsu 1ounce with the 7" nuclear chook jerk bait.

But Foxy, a good deckie worth his salt will check all the gear and rigs..I take no responsibility...Swano has let us down in the knot tying department before

bloomin heck next ya will want me to see if ya adult diaper is full or not

...you know how it is...all about Swano!!!

and don't you fooooorget it

hey this sounds just like the banter on the flamin riptide when we be out to sea
    cheers swano
    p/s thanks foxy and all

Top Snap on plastic there swano.Straight to the pool room with that Knob.I have found flourocarbon very abrasion resistant.When you try and bite through it with your teeth it's a lot harder.Have also had sweeties in the bottom and been able to drag them out.(Cant do that with mono)Anyway top Knobby Good on ya.Ben

great report

Yeah Swano...cant wait for the next trip..keep the dream alive!!!!

Cheers

Rhys

"Get around here and help me finish the yard you blokes" Im starting to go stir crazy and if you keep that form up there will be no bloody fish left out there for me .
    Good to see your gettin in to em guys, very nice Snap swano.
    Wont be long now boys and the boat ramp gates will open for me once again and the smile will be brighter than the Morton lighthouse.

Ps Swano, little Amy caught her very 1st fish on Sunday after we left ya,s she was reeling in and "whack" so i let her go and she dragged up the bank a PB of about 15cm of Bream .
    It sure is a great feeling to see the exitment and the smiles on the face of your proud little 3.5 year old holding up her 1st ever fish, I hope too get many more days like that .
    Catchya!

g'day don
    great to see amy get into the scale of things , was it one of mr swano's prawns that did the trick???
    cheers swano

haar not the praaawww, please Dono say it wasn't the praaawww, give swano a good a$$kick in the crawwww!!!!

Yeah great to see amy get her first scale!

Cheers

Rhys

awesome catch boys thats a big snap. Mid week trips are excellent welldone

wadeo

Sorry Rhys it was a Swano prawn, but at least he cant take credit for the PRO effort put in by the lass, Id say she's just a born natural like her old man, and thanks guys its just a pity that I didnt have my camera with me but I wont make the same mistake agian.

Well I have to go and pour 6 mtrs of cement in this bloody backyard now so Ill catchya's later. .

Pity the Southerly has come in all HA HA , although it will help with the Snapper in a couple of days.
    Barbie soon boys .
    Ps many happy returns for a few weeks ago Rhys .
    Catchya!