Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pfluger rods

Re: pfluger rods

I had a customer bring back a $900 live fibre texalum chair stick....said it snapped on a wahoo....the marks on the blank each side of the snap didnt tell the same story...neither did the splinters of graphite in the rod...not that difficult to tell the ones that broke while being used and the car door jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by mad max View Post
    I had a customer bring back a $900 live fibre texalum chair stick....said it snapped on a wahoo....the marks on the blank each side of the snap didnt tell the same story...neither did the splinters of graphite in the rod...not that difficult to tell the ones that broke while being used and the car door jobs.

Funny that max, I have a mate who's had the top of his texalium drop off mid fight. He was using 10kg mono on a tld20. It broke right where the weave/texalium bit stops. No high stick no nothing. An "industry person" said he must have jammed it in the car door. I was there I watched it happen yet it still was a car door in this learned mans opinion. Anyway since then 2 other texaliums I know of have broken in exactly the same spot. "but those guys must have been high sticking it or got the things caught in the garage door".

Sorry if I offend, but i am sick and tired of being accused of willful damage just about every time I return faulty goods. Its about time "industry people" wake up and realise they will continue to lose customers to ebay/online stores for this very reason. Yes, sending goods back can be expensive, but by buying better products cheaper elsewhere the need for returns may reduce, while also many of the more expensive brands offer better warranties.

I will probably just order my next rod from japan, rather than mess around and waste my time and money with clearance lines like the plueger trion.

More time to fish, less time shopping, equals one happy customer.

roydsy
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

Roydsy I am pretty sick of it also. I have only personally had to return 2 things that were faulty that I bought locally. Both times I was accused of breaking it by doing something wrong! Both times the rod broke 1st cast. I guess I must have been "casting wrong". I dont bother anymore I justr buy from plat tackle in japan. If something is faulty I send it to them and they replace it. Yeah it takes a week and a half round trip to get to me and usually $30 postage but for the lack lip I am more than willing to pay that. Oh and they are half the price of anyone here in Australia and that is delivered price.

As an "industry member" who owns his own business, I can only say that you must be shopping at the wrong tackle shops. I have sold in excess of 300 Pflueger combos covering several different models over the last three years. Yes I have had a few returned for warranty replacement but have never had problems in getting telephone authority for immediate replacement.

Wantok

Quote Originally Posted by roydsy View Post

I will probably just order my next rod from japan, rather than mess around and waste my time and money with clearance lines like the plueger trion.

roydsy

i dont get the logic behind that...order it from overseas...may not even get to feel or touch the rod before you send ya credit card details...get the rod weeks later...postage and handling fees...and then what are you gunna do when the tip snaps on a fish ?

My logic,

I can walk into my local fishing tackle store find what i want, then check the forums for feedback regarding reliability, then let my mouse save me money on inflated australian prices. In the rare case where the better quality rod breaks off at the tip, well the money I have saved would more than pay for tip repair.

My main point is, I would buy a better rod cheaper to replace the pfluger.

Yep Pflueger trion 7" 6-10kg rods purchased from BCF x 2. Ist rod broke on first trip casting sp's, second rod broke on 2nd offshore trip. The first rod my old man just got it repaired (new tip), my rod I took it back to BCF and they replaced it.
    Bugger, i've got one of those.......no problems yet.....although i think its only had a few casts so far. was gonna take it to the solomons on a surf trip but maybe I wont risk it. to far to go with a possible grenade.
    I have a 7' 4-7kg trion baitcaster that has so far survived a couple of barra trips....only 1 barra and a few catties but certainly had enough punishment to prove it's worth. Its now a little shorter but only because I took it to the tackle store to shorten it to 6'5". suits me fine.
    cheers Roo.

Quote Originally Posted by orbyroo View Post
    Bugger, i've got one of those.......no problems yet.....although i think its only had a few casts so far. was gonna take it to the solomons on a surf trip but maybe I wont risk it. to far to go with a possible grenade.
    I have a 7' 4-7kg trion baitcaster that has so far survived a couple of barra trips....only 1 barra and a few catties but certainly had enough punishment to prove it's worth. Its now a little shorter but only because I took it to the tackle store to shorten it to 6'5". suits me fine.
    cheers Roo.
    lol "possible grenade", like your style Roo. Umm you need not shorten those rods as the tips break off any way

dont get a triton bait caster. mine shit it self with in 1 year of use. the hole thing coroded under the paint and the bearing went crap verry quickly and the plastic pice inside that engages free spool shit it self with in 1 month . and i did look after it well. now its a good paper weight
    figjam :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by mad max View Post
    i dont get the logic behind that...order it from overseas...may not even get to feel or touch the rod before you send ya credit card details...get the rod weeks later...postage and handling fees...and then what are you gunna do when the tip snaps on a fish ?
    What planet you from. Plat tackle gets me what ever I order within 5 days. Thats better than most local tacklies when you order something not on their shelves. Postage costs are alot cheaper than paying double for the exact same unit locally. As i said earlier te 1 thing that "broke" a new one was in my hands within a week and a half. That is also better than most local tacklies.

lol "possible grenade", like your style Roo. Umm you need not shorten those rods as the tips break off any way

yeah but i beat it to the punch..
    I shortened it because of my........shorter stature in combination with a casting deck height well below the gunwale height meant that when doing the "barra twitch" i was regularly dropping the tip into the water (and belting the handrail). It works better now and is perhaps a little stiffer(in the tip) for casting the 120cm barra lures we tend to use.