Thread: light line on an emblem?

light line on an emblem?

I am thinking of finally getting into beach fishing. I have found a very nice place up here to give it a go.

I want to fish as light as 8 to 10lb braid for maximum casting distance and the species I am going to be targetting won't be too massive, I hope...

The retrieve rate isn't that important to me, I just want distance.

Is the Daiwa Emblem the go for distance chucking baits off the beach with braid this light?

As a complete beach novice I am also interested in a rod to match it with. For distance I suppose 10 foot or so will be the go. Do they make live fibres this long for beach work?

Cheers
    Henno

Re: light line on an emblem?

What will you be targeting?
    ________
    IOLITE PORTABLE VAPORIZER

if it is distance you are after then go for at least 13 foot rod.

I suppose I will be targetting tailor while the mackerel are a bit quiet up here as I don't have the boat to go out far enough to target snapper.

God knows what else will turn up though. The spot I want to fish has a good supply of hardyheads I will try and keep live through the night so a jewie is a possibility. If I get dusted on the light stuff so be it. I just hate going for tailor on 20lb+ line.

As far as distance goes the emblem with braid. is only 5% behind top shelf Jap casting reels

10lb braid should handle the tailor. As for the rod you may want something a little longer but you'll get live fibres up to 13'6 or more.
    ________
    UGGS

Quote Originally Posted by HST View Post
    As far as distance goes the emblem with braid. is only 5% behind top shelf Jap casting reels
    As a matter of interest HST what would you consider the top Jap casting reels?

there 3 that are up there ,Ryobi pro sky er ,Daiwia Surf Z45 C ,or the Shimano Super aero technium . I like the surf z45 c the best ,with 8 lbs fire line and 75 grams in comp and in court, my best cast is 237 mts ,

Thats a bloody awesome cast mate, good on ya!
    ________
    Nexium Classaction

Henno, mate, found ya. Jewie here, i reckon i know where that beach and those hardie heads are. You must have moved house mate, went to get airrator back to ya and no one home not even the furniture, hope i didnt scare you that much that you had to move! Where are you now?
    Jewie