Thread: Camping around Moreton Bay

Camping around Moreton Bay

Hi Everyone, I am a new member to Ausfish and i have bought myself a new boat. I am just wandering if there are any good spots to take a young family camping by boat around Moreton bay or to take the boat up or down the coast.I live in the Redlands so i am close to the Bay.

Re: Camping around Moreton Bay

g day there jt1805 I cant help you much up where u r but come down to the goldie and go around wavebreak island you should have fun there!!

hi jt, i reckon a good spot for camping would be down the pin on south stradbroke island,couple of places are pretty good are the bedrooms or just south of tipplers resort there is a camping ground that has some ammenities , i would suggest do a run one weekend to check some places out .
    cheers shubeej

Thanks spook76 and shubeej, it looks like i will have to go down that way and enjoy the southern part of the bay, and i bet the fishing is good too.

Mate,

Depends on the size of your boat, I have a small tinny and like Mission Point up on Bribie in the passage for camping because it is fairly sheltered and a beutiful spot. If I had a bigger boat I'd be looking at the camping spots on Moreton Island. Welcome to the site

Rgs
    Michael

Talking Re: Camping around Moreton Bay

Thanks Michael, I have a Quintrex 455 coastrunner with a 50 johnson on the back, Im not sure how i would go travelling from redland bay or bribie as the boats new to me and havnt tried it to Moreton.
    Cheers Jason

Gday Jt, There Are A Half Dozen Or So Spots Around Bribie To Camp,some With Toilets You Just Have To Watch The Sand Bars,i Suggest The Beacon To Beacon Book,approx, 34 Clams At The Local News Agents,good Fishin And Camping To Ya!

You can camp on Peel at Horseshoe Bay for cheap as. No shower but a toilet and nice bushwalking and clear swimming water. The only thing is you can't have fires which puts me off It is a really beautiful spot though.

South Straddie at Curagee is great, straight across from Runaway Bay, has showers, toilets, fire pits and playground for the kiddies I am also interested in other spots too, anyone know any others??
    Trace