Thread: 100's of fish dead at MOOGERAH DAM

100's of fish dead at MOOGERAH DAM

Went out this morning for a fish to find a heap of bony bream dead all along the edge of the dam, after taking a bit of a walk I had seen 4 bass dead, ranging from about 30cm to 40cm. The water temp was 10 degrees (bloody freezing) not a great thing, what this weather is doing to the population of bass and other species to the local dams. Not even one hit from a fish.

charles

Re: 100's of fish dead at MOOGERAH DAM

I fished maroon damn this morning and though no bony bream, tilapia were dying along the shore. Huge algae bloom has happened and the dam is like a pea soup. And reports from my local shop that someset has rolled aswell...

as long as the bass dont die

Hi Charles,

Had some good reports of other guys fishing the lake over the weekend. One guy got 25 bass, some hitting metal slices.

Cheers
    Chris

hi cowboy looks like the rain needs to hit that way as last time i seen you it was low, bring on the rain. chers bdowdy

Quote Originally Posted by turley View Post
    I fished maroon damn this morning and though no bony bream, tilapia were dying along the shore. Huge algae bloom has happened and the dam is like a pea soup. And reports from my local shop that someset has rolled aswell...
    I fished Maroon this weekend as well (Friday to Sunday). Didn't see any dead Tilapia - I wasn't aware that there were any Tilapia or Bony Bream in that dam.

Mates in another boat did see two dead bass on the Saturday morning.

The algae was really bad although I have seen it worse.

It didn't entirely shut down the fish however as they were quite happy to play if you could find the right school at the right time. They were shutting down then coming back on the chew at irregular intervals.

One thing for sure - if we don't get some really serious rain very shortly, we're in big trouble!

Matuka

Hi Bdowdy,

Yeah, Moogerah is at 3percent, but stable, can only be used for emergencie human consumption, still enough water to fish. Maroon has dropped some.
    Lets really hope for some rain this year, for us, stocking guys and farmers.

Cheers
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowboy View Post
    Hi Bdowdy,

Yeah, Moogerah is at 3percent, but stable, can only be used for emergencie human consumption, still enough water to fish. Maroon has dropped some.
    Lets really hope for some rain this year, for us, stocking guys and farmers.

Cheers
    Chris
    Chris,

I reckon, that we all will have a drink to that.

Nothing like that fall from the sky, and not before time here hoping and praying.

Trev