Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on P.W.C

Your thoughts on P.W.C

Hi all went for a troll today and was put into rescue mode when two fools on pwc callided mide you they where young and going flat out. Everyone was fine but They were just kids on these things no respect for anyone else on the water until a acceident happens. We all use the water ways and I always drop my speed to a troll or vere off when there are other users on the water but these bloke are nuts , 80 to 100 km/h on water 16 year old or less someone will get killed. It never really hit me until today what are your thoughts?

Cheers TT

Re: Your thoughts on P.W.C

I think it was a waste of potentially good sharking berley myself.

I have great difficulty recalling any pleasurable experiences regarding PWC operators within cooee of me while i am fishing. The slow down rule must be printed in fine print on the last page of thier rulebook.

I occasionally use a PWC myself to reach waters that are not accessible to with normal boats hence I do not create a stir with anyone else on my sojourns.

Jack.

i have'nt had any good dealings with them myself,they get me really p!@#ed off when they zip about at top speed while your relaxing and fishing,particuly down the seaway while kayak fishing,they are the reason i bought the yellow kayak instead of the stelth one.
    but really it depends who has one and what their intentions of use are,90% would be bought for flogging and poofing about and then there is the others who use them for better reasons like shane bosse whos is decked out beautifully for chasing tailor behind the surf.

i reckon that they should be sunk to form artificial reefs. not only are they noisy bloody things but most of the people riding them are @#$% heads.

send em all to the deep

They are mad buggers alright, Why is it there no age limit on them? or is there?

TT

there are idoits out there thats all, they wreck it for us the good ones

PWCs wouldn't be such a problem if they just went from point A to point B and back again. The trouble is those riders who insist on going round and round and round in circles. There should be a defence in law if you are charged with murdering a BLOODY NUISANCE. Perhaps you should get a medal for ridding the planet of a twerp, as my Dad would call them. I wouldn't be so polite.

Then again, perhaps I am getting old.........

Tiny Tinny

No I hate them and have ridden them for many years. I would take them out to secluded beaches to ride to keep away from people as I know how much I hated them buzzing me.

They should be heavily policed and restricted in rivers. As an ex-rider I recommend sinking them all of tweed to form a nice arti.
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

Well you have to have a recrerational boat licence and a PWC specific licence now as well, so the age limit would be governed by what age you can get each of these. In QLD i think that is 16 but its been a while since i've had much to do with any of that.

Unless of course they have someone else on the jetski with them who has a licence, in which case i think its a bit younger.

It's just another reason why I throw lures around amongst the timber, Keeps the Marine Terrorists away, Cheers Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Keeps the Marine Terrorists

lol very descriptive and true
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

Ausfish Bronze Member

I seem to recall PWC's being used in the surf somewhere. They were racing in and out from the beach at full speed. They were driven by the surf lifesavers and they appeared to be the perfect "tool" for the rescue work that they were performing. This type of work might be the only thing they are well suited for. They looked more suited for rescue than the IRV's I see on Surf Patroll. Apart from that, they are a pain in the neck to put it politely. I cant see why anyone would spend such big dollars just to be able to race around getting wet and cold. I have seen them being used for trolling (two aboard) around the Keppel Islands and its looks so uncomfortable and pointless. Yeppoon Coast Guard has told me that some PWC's have come to grief out there. Surf rescue, yes! Anything else is a waste of time and money.
    Eagle

Oh goody...another "lets whinge about PWC's" thread...just what the world needed! (sarcasm intended in case you missed it!)

Couldnt be bothered writing anymore than that...because it would be like teaching a pig to sing...I would only be wasting my time and annoying the pig.

Ever thought that you blokes who anchor your boats up in certain spots are annoying the jetskiers!

Jetskis are here to stay...get over it!

hey guys,
    look in my opinion i have no problems with them, but i have seen some very stupid people like doing donuts and crap around fisherman but they will pay for that and theres no piont having a go at athem because alot of them do the right thing and alot of poeple do the wrong thing which is the same with fishing and its never goin to change unfortunetly so i suggest you just keep it to yourself and spend as much time on the beautiful waterways as possible and that goes for everyone.
    cheers

In my opinion i think jet skis are a great piece of machinery. Jet skiers however is another can of worms altogether. I think the govt has been pretty proactive in limiting the use of pwc's in a 'freestyle manner' (360's, erratic driving) and also the new licensing. I know that most of the pumictones passage has banned that sort of operation. Everyone including myself has had the run in with a jet skier, but hey, fishos have a pretty bad name when it comes to stuff like discarded lines, hooks, plastic bait bags floating around the place....