Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Craazzzy!!!

Re: Craazzzy!!!

I hate tigers one year up north one kept swiming around our boat and wouldnt piss off kept eating all our fingermark,good film but looks like some nice trevs swiming around.

I've dived a fair bit - seen a few sharks around too, but I usually maintain that its the shark you don't see that's gonna get you - but this is obviously an unnatural situation for everyone involved.

As some have said if / when that shark decides he's pissed off / hungry / or just a bit inquisitive it'll end ugly. But at least there'll be great footage in the camera for whoever is brave enough to retrieve it !

Absolte idiots - shouldn't be hand feeding bulls and tigers and getting them used to associating humans with food. just wannabe heroes if you ask me.

tunaticer,

as has been said, there was the ray boundy attack. also, a number of eyewitnessed tiger attacks in hawaii, and of course, qld. they do attack humans without hesitation if they are willing.

cuzza

You guys are talking like fishermen not like Divers, I have done similar non staged dives up around Lizard and Orpheus Islands, if you are cool calm and collected you can enjoy all that is down there. I have done hundreds of night dives as well and come across plenty of Tigers, they are more interested in Turtles and the like.

Pog mo hoin

Watch it a couple of times and see just how often the sharks "Have a go"!...
    now imagine a less experienced diver or one isolated from a group or one without something to push the shark off, or heaven forbid a swimmer encountering these educated sharks.

Most of the sharks in the clip are displaying threatening behaviors ,,, pectoral fins down, snapping jaws, fast, and or erratic swimming.
    Just remember ,, one slip & your dead.
    Last edited by rando; 08-11-2007 at 11:13 AM.

Oh Yeah
    I just watched it again,I still find it fascinating.
    Have a look about 3/4 of the way through, there is a shot of most the divers clustered together,
    Check their body language, I reacon they are all wondering
    " How the F... do I get out of here"
    Last edited by rando; 08-11-2007 at 03:34 PM.

Don't Tigers migrate to NQ in summer. I'm sure they will remember there holiday in Fiji.

great footage! would not catch me doing it though.....good to see there are still some crazy people out there to get that sort of footage that puts us on the edge of our seats! Although , its all fun and games till somebody looses a limb......

What you have to remember that this is a tourist attraction dive, all the huddled together divers are certified open water divers that have chosen to pay to attend a shark feeding dive, the handlers / wranglers are the guys feeding the sharks, they do it every day and are very experienced and well educated, and love their sharks, they all have names and certain personality traits, it's a bit like skydiving, why jump out of perfectly good airplane. But talk to anybody who has done just a tandom.
    My two cents worth

I wonder if the sharks have names for the divers:

Entree, Main, Dessert
    perhaps
    rando
    Last edited by rando; 14-04-2008 at 03:46 PM.

i would try that sort of thing, with big tigers and whalers......IN A CAGE!!!

nah seriously i would try that.

cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

I would scream like a woman from the very moment I entered the water, I would only stop screaming when on dry land, then I would just sit down, grab my knees and rock back and forth with my thumb in my mouth..........don't much care for sharks.

There aint enough $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in the world to make me do that
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

What is the music that is playing. There are two tracks, wat are they called , who performs them and what are the albums called.

Cheers (I think).....

Almost makes me want to buy a rubish bin boat, no malice intended to all those out there....
    Last edited by viking08; 07-04-2008 at 03:25 AM.