Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planning Trip

Re: Planning Trip

Surprising how little extra fuel is needed with tinnie on top. Aerodynamic shape helps I guess. Ours adds less than 1 litre per 100 KM.
    Your 'real' fishing is going to be up in NT from the route you have suggested. If you are going to be up there for a couple of weeks at least, it's probably worth taking it, otherwise???
    We spent 6 weeks at King Ash Bay in NT (near Borroloola) earlier this year. Had a ball and going back next year. Went up the East coast though and fished a few of the Barra dams on the way as a warm up.
    If you don't have it, get yourself a copy of Camps Australia (current edition is 4). Lists plenty of free and cheap camp spots to save some money on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by NormC View Post
    Surprising how little extra fuel is needed with tinnie on top. Aerodynamic shape helps I guess. Ours adds less than 1 litre per 100 KM.
    Your 'real' fishing is going to be up in NT from the route you have suggested. If you are going to be up there for a couple of weeks at least, it's probably worth taking it, otherwise???
    We spent 6 weeks at King Ash Bay in NT (near Borroloola) earlier this year. Had a ball and going back next year. Went up the East coast though and fished a few of the Barra dams on the way as a warm up.
    If you don't have it, get yourself a copy of Camps Australia (current edition is 4). Lists plenty of free and cheap camp spots to save some money on the way.
    Hi Normc
    thanks for the tips, lota time yet. Will chase up Camps Australia and have a look.
    cheers
    blaze

gday blaze i think 6 to 8 weeks will be enouph. only saying this because we drove 11,000 klm in 5 and a half weeks and spent 5 days in broome fishing and 3 days in dawin fishing, got stuck at allice springs for 3 days waiting for the tire shops to open (easter weekend). so i hope you have a great trip.

cheers tassie JR