Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing in gladstone area?

Re: Fishing in gladstone area?

Mate that is some nice fish,or is it the same one in different pics?
    Either way still impressive.
    Disorderly i havent caught a legal red yet,I got one about 6 weeks ago at wide caloundra that that went close,it was so close but let it swim away,i will break that duck soon i hope.
    Mick sorry if I have got JT going but I would be excited about fish like that to.

Cheers craig

Is alright craig Micks jealous
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    Awwwww well since you asked me too

AND MICK YOU KNOW WHY I WAS IN THE PAPER DOWN THWERE SO MUCH
    iS CAUSE I'M FROM ROCKY AND AM BETTER LOOKING THEN YOUSE DOWN THERE
    OH YEAH JT 3
    MICK 1
    Bull$hit.
    truth be known you have a rello who works for the paper. Come clean JT

How'd you go on the week-end Mate. fish seemed a little shy on friday night and saturday morning.
    Did you hear that Mayday for the four people who flipped their Haines at Douglas shoals. Geez they were bloody lucky. all I heard was mayday mayday Mayday ,This is Rich... then nothing
    Just as well the guy at Douglas shoals saw them waving and went over to check them out. Conditions were fantastic Friday and Saturday. love to know how it happened. And a haines as well They're not supposed to be driven upside down
    Piicked these few up on Friday and saturday but had to work for them
    THE POOR MAN ALWAYS PAYS TWICE

That didnt work .
    See if the pickies are attached this time
    We picked these up Friday night and Saturday moning
    Last edited by mangomick; 28-07-2007 at 08:38 PM.

Nice mixed bag there mick,cant wait to get up there and get into them.
    Picked up my new tinnie yesterday,took her out today at lunchtime,wind was blowing about 20 plus knots,but we still managed to get first fish over the gunnels even if it was a bit small .
    As usual my son zac had to go and catch more and better fish .
    here are some pics of my new baby etc..

Cheers Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by mangomick View Post
    Just watch Wild Cattle creek if you put your boat in there. Theres a nice patch of coral down the Colosseum creek end of wild cattle but quite a few rocks that you have to be careful of on the way down. I've never fished it but a few mates have done ok

The channel markers are also pretty good for mackies at times. On run out tide motor up to each one and crank a chrommie past them.

Its been pretty cool up here and the Barra wll be pretty sluggish but from all accounts try the really shallow water at the hottest part of the day and cast cast cast

The power station in gladstone hot water outlet has been producing the odd wild barra this month. I went down last week but didnt do any good the first day and got smashed by something that didnt even know was hooked the next.
    Try a yellow vibrotail and fish up near the outlet. cast out near the finger that is between the two different outlet bays. Let it drift round and just twitch it back and retrieve slowly. At times good sambos come in to the mouth of the hot water outlet and yoyu can anchor up just out from the mouth.

just try to help u out a bit i live in tannum and fish these places fair bit ..

wild cattle if u go from the broadachers boat ramp that u might be albe to find out were it is in the phone book pretty hard to explain...u pretty much at collo from that ramp,,, first corner on the right are a bunch of large rocks that can produce nice grunter but the main reason im telling u is ...STAY LEFT...iv seen soo many boats hit those rock thats it not funny u nilly need a sign..when u get to collo it a large opening go straigh accrose to the beach on the other side if ur up for some amezing whiting fun anywere u will catch a whiteing and i mean anywere....when u get to collo theres 2 arms that come out of creeks on the right.....the furtherest one at the very end has a nice coral patch and iv picked up parrot of it fair few times..

channel markers can make ur day if u land a 18kg cobia on a drifting pillie like my neighbour did. that all i can really say never been out there before .

if u pick up a map of the dam ,or even look it up on the net head over to the upper reaches of the flutter creek its been working ok ,every time iv gone out someone in the boat had got fish not saying they were big 60cm but there there.johnny mitchell is more then a pro hes a legend he can go out in summer and catch 40 barra a day and to any thats magical he knows the dam like the back of hes hand he'll tell u everthingh like like mangomick said

the powerstaion is working as good as ever with the queenies with severl 1.5m fellers being cought ,that salmon are on the run more up the river towards devils corner and small amounts of jew have been cought up there. straigh on the right of amstrong boatramp (the one u will go out from) is the main bridge work mate got a 6kg threadfin salmon and were getting small mackrel

thats pretty much all there is try the boynne mouth for a flattie use ya pumpkinseed gulp 3'' swimming mullet if u like plastics

well good luck let us know how ya go

How ya living?

Quote Originally Posted by sik008 View Post
    ? We are heading out to douglas but if the weather is crap we aint gonna go.....

cheers alex
    Hey sik008
    How'd you get on out at douglas shoals on the week-end. Were you out there when that Haines went down. He was a boyne Island boy by all accounts. You don't know the full story do you?

OK what a mess of a holiday.
    Got up there on sunday arvo,took the wife and young fellow out to awoonga to have a look around on monday,what a beautifil place,was a lot of fish (barra)but the water was 16-17 degreese and the fish wouldnt co-operate,wasnt that much of a fishing day more just a look around.
    Put the boat in on tuesday morn and headed out of the boyne once we got out to the shipping chanel markers the wind came up and i decided it was better to not be out there in a 14 ft tinnie and came back in,put the boat back on the trailer and went back to caravan park to get the wife and head up to gladstone to fish in the river and area around hot water outlet,but the daughter had phoned and had an accident ,we had to head for home,BLOODY HELL .

Any way I managed to salvage a few days at tin can bay,no fish but at least it was relaxing.
    To all the people who offered advice and to mick for marks a great big thanks and hopefully next time I will be able to stay for a whole week not 1.5 days,the daughter is all right though and that is what is really important.

Thanks craig

Bad luck Mate
    if it makes you feel any better I went out last night to fish the wrecks and fish have got pretty quiet. Southerlies blowing 20 to 25 knots I think predicted to 30 knots.
    At least you wouldnt have been bothered by sandflies up the creeks

yer we were out there when it happened and about 2 mile ayway from em....picked em up from another boat and took em back to boyne....everyone was saying it was glassed out at the rock cod shoals but out further at douglas it was 10-15 knots.

cheers alex