Thread: stocking dam in bris north

stocking dam in bris north

Hello fishos
    Was wondering if anyone could help me. I have just had my dam dug out and de silted and was wondering if anyone could help me. I am looking for fingerlings. Am after silver perch, yellowbelly,cod etc. Does anyone know where i can buy fingerlings from close to brisbane

Re: stocking dam in bris north

Years ago when I lived down south,we bought several lots of fingerlings from hatcheries who advertised in the classified section of the "The Land"(a rural weekly nsw paper).The QLD version is the Country Life.
    These are available from newsagents and might give you an idea of where to look.
    It doesnt matter if they have to send them buy courier as they used to come in plastic bags full of water and the rest of air .They travel quite well.
    Happy fishfarming

Scott

MickS,

Hope he has a large dam.The minimum order from that company is 100,000 fingerlings of each species.

Scott

Hi Scott

Not at all, min Silver Perch 100, Golden Perch 300 etc etc. Not sure where you were reading from.

Good web site though, good information.

I have stocked my dam with Silver Perch and Bass, already had Yellowbelly, catfish and something I can't catch but can see..another story.

I bought my fingerlings locally on the Sunshine Coast, but this mob seem far more professional, though I have bought nothing from them.

Cheers

Sorry Mick,

I should have had a better looking before talking crap.
    I was looking at "hatchery products" where the minimum order for "larvae" is 100 000 not fingerlings.
    But thanks for the link.What a great site!
    BTW whats the "something",thats too smart to catch in your dam?

Scott

Dunno what the fish is, thought it was a big bony bream at first, but not sure now. The fish is about 35-40cm, and has a forked tail. Sits near the surface, and moves slowly, till a cast net is thrown at it and then it shoots away very quickly.

My other thought is a goldfish of some sorts that someones released at some stage.

Hey Guys,
    I manage a Hatchery just south of Beenleigh.
    We produce Golden Perch (3 Strains), Silver Perch, Barcoo Grunter, Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Sooty Grunter, Sleepy Cod, Barramundi and Redclaw. We also import and sell Aquarium Fish.

We are open 7 days and have no minimum order/ purchase value. Native Fish stocks are seasonal so it is best to call before before coming down.

Website- www.seqfish.com.au all our contact details are in there.

Cheers,
    Matt

G'day matt,

Has the cold winter caused any drama's for you? (I noticed you mention you breed barra).

Scott

G'Day Matt

Could not find the price of your red claw?

Cheers

Mick

H Guys,
    Disorderly, We buy Barramundi larvae in from a hatchery nearby. We do not have access to the large amounts of saltwater required to run a Barra hatchery oursleves. The hatchery keeps all their Broodstock under re-circulating systems, so they didnt have any problems with the cold.

We had very few issues with the cold weather here- the natives are a pretty hardy when they want to be.

MickS- I have sent you a PM or you can email the office sales@seqfish.com.au

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Pumba View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I manage a Hatchery just south of Beenleigh.
    We produce Golden Perch (3 Strains), Silver Perch, Barcoo Grunter, Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Sooty Grunter, Sleepy Cod, Barramundi and Redclaw. We also import and sell Aquarium Fish.

We are open 7 days and have no minimum order/ purchase value. Native Fish stocks are seasonal so it is best to call before before coming down.

Website- www.seqfish.com.au all our contact details are in there.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Hi mat i got a few hundred of you 2 years ago all going good cheers to mat

Hey GT go catch some you lazy bass-terd. Instead of rolling your quad. How is the water quality now in the dam. You can also approach Maurie from the nursery his dam is full of them, sure he wouldn't mind you taking a few.