Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North Pine Tilapia

North Pine Tilapia

Did anyone else see the amount of dead Tilapia at North Pine on the weekend.
    We walked around the bank and saw at least thirty dead fish ( some quite big )
    I'm guessing it was the cold, but I thought they were quite tough fish.
    Perhaps they too were depressed at the amount of rubbish around the place and decided to end it all.
    Has anyone seen this before.

Re: North Pine Tilapia

They are sensitive to cold temps and a good cold winter really knocks them around, good hey?????
    Which area is the worst for rubbish and do we need to organise another clean up????

Hard to say mate. Forgans Cove and Macgavin's are both pretty bad. Damn catfood tin's all over the place.
    It was good to see dead Tilapia but they were a bit on the nose.
    A good cleanup would be very good.
    I just can't understand why a person would get a bunch of fishing line and throw it on the ground instead of putting it in their pocket. I guess it takes all sorts to make up a world.

Yes they were quite a few around...i added one myself. B_E_N caught a couple of good sized bass 40cm+ yesterday arvo. Does anyne know why they have blocked off fishing from the point passed Macgavins???

Ed

I think I saw you guy's across the arm. I saw the barrier and decided to stay on the Macgavins side of the arm. I should have walked around to say g'day.( were there three of you )
    I was fishing with my five year old boy. All we came across were Tilapia.
    I'm thinking of heading to that barrier early Saturday morning. hopefully it will be gone by then.

Yeh we saw you there....me, B_E_N and VoodooChile78(Mike)...I hope they move that barrier soon...the grass is always greener on the otherside . It just made me want to go round one more bay...just one more bay. It's a bit like last cast..no this is the last cast . I might have another bash on Saturday..if you're going PM me. It won't be first thing in the morning though

Ed

yeh im up for another hit out there!, if you guys are keen, morning, arvo im good for what ever

Saturday morning mate. I'm going to head to the same place @ 6 in the morning.
    Note to self : bring food for kid this time, he threatened to eat a dead Tilapia on Sunday arvo.

Just to confirm guys, were there any other types of fish dead? Or only Tilapia?? I tried to get out Sunday for a look but family commitments put paid to that.

I only saw lot's of Tilapia.

Maybe i drink too much , but i don't think i will be there at 6am Sat morning somehow...see what hapens and no i only saw dead Tilapia

Ed

yeh only tilapia

yeh as it stands saturday morning sounds good, but that all depends if i go out or not, hey jim have you uploaded any of those pics from yesrterday onto your comp mate, id love to have a look at them

No i haven't Big Bad B_E_N , but i'm off to Mackay today with work and won't be back till Thurs or Frid..I'll do them then and PM them to you and Mike. If I'm lucky i might be in for a half day charter on Thursday if i can wrangle it and if its not blowing...it all just depends. Talk to ya later on in the week

Ed

I was there on sunday arvo and must have seen over 50 dead talapia which is good but there were also about three or four big dead bass mixed in with the talapia.