Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Barra caught at Bribie Island

Re: Barra caught at Bribie Island

Quote Originally Posted by crabbie View Post
    Spoke to the guy that runs the Tackle Inn shop on Bribie today.The barra and photo are real . This is the guy that weighed the barra and photographed it at the VRM ramp . Apparently the barra had a gash in the side that was bleeding when he first saw it, possibly from a boat strike.Proberly why it was able to be caught in a landing net

I spoke with him last night myself and he told me the same thing except that the guy who scooped it up was in a hire boat.
    The boat in the pic doesn't look like a hire boat to me.....not that it really matters.

Col

Quote Originally Posted by Col_s View Post
    I spoke with him last night myself and he told me the same thing except that the guy who scooped it up was in a hire boat.
    The boat in the pic doesn't look like a hire boat to me.....not that it really matters.

Col
    I was wondering about the boat? looks like a fairly big donk and the anchor light suggests that he may have been out in the dark? Also, the shirt he's wearing isn't the kind of clothing that you see around hire boats.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

RE that picture of the barra at Bribie, I don't know when it was taken but we have had light poles on that bridge for some years now......Where are they in the picture????????

here we go again???????????

i questioned the same,,,, there is a pole above his right shoulder,,, and i'm still at a loss where the others have gone,,, perhaps the angle,,,sunlight who knows,,,,

the catch was confirmed,,,,, and weighed,,, thats it

theres a good article imported chas in freshwater reports under barra barra everywhere,,,, have a read through it,,,,

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE