Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Barra caught at Bribie Island

Re: Barra caught at Bribie Island

can some one pls confirm this fish

wierder things have happened, like the deer that lives on wavebreak island and sometimes swims across the broadwater to the mainland. No shit. They investigated it and found deer dung on wavebreak.
    .......Ash

Not any more ash, that Deer was shot by the cops the other day! hahahahahah......... no sh!t

really? what did the deer do wrong ??
    .......Ash

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    Not any more ash, that Deer was shot by the cops the other day! hahahahahah......... no sh!t
    I'm glad they didn't find my sh!t on Wavebreak then!

kev

Top Tips:

Convince bar staff that your beer is off by sticking your finger up your bum before holding the glass close to their nose.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by ashh View Post
    really? what did the deer do wrong ??
    Trespassed...................rather makes that sign "trespassers will be prosecuted" look a little redundant, don't you think?

kev

Top Tips:
    Old people. Ensure a good fight at your wake by leaving a valuable antique in your will to a distant relative, whilst verbally promising it to a closer relative before you die.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

lol
    .......Ash

The fish does appear to be a Barra, not a jew. Check the dorsal fins. Both species havewhat appear to be 2.
    JEW HAVE 10 SPINES A GAP AND A SPINE FOLLOWED BY 25/30 SOFT RAYS

BARRA HAVE 7/8 SPINES A GAP AND10/11 SPINES . Which is what this fish appears to have. So photos 50% right.

mick

Spoke to soemone over the weekend and without giving too much away he confirmed 2 Barra caught in a River in SEQ in the past week. Not little ones either and they were silver not brown. And these are outside the ones caught at Bribie and the other smaller one in the canals.

Cheers
    Last edited by _Dan_; 23-07-2007 at 07:56 AM.

My other arguement for it being a fake photo is the fact that the guy isn't smiling........ if you just caught a good barra at Bribie you would be smiling almost uncontrolably. Think, if he caught a 9kg Snapper in front of the same creek would he have such a nonchalant look on his face. Also, it looks like he is dressed for somewhere warmer.

While I have no doubt it is possible.... I'm calling bullsh!t on this one

Josh

surely with all the ausfish members in that area someone must know the guy in the pic ???
    don't tell me a blowfly got the honours ??
    or maybe he's a mullet man and got it in a square hook ??

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisho View Post
    surely with all the ausfish members in that area someone must know the guy in the pic ???
    don't tell me a blowfly got the honours ??
    or maybe he's a mullet man and got it in a square hook ??
    bribie weekly friday 20th july,,,,,,,

i've lookd through this twic and can't find any report,,,, but on page 54 in the ""weekly best catches"" it lists the following

salt water barramundi,,,,,9.730kg,,,,,bribie bridge,,,,,landing net,,,,,by J HOY of ELIMBAH,,,,,,,,,,

as i posted earlier,,, this paper wont print catches unless there weighed in at the number of local locations around the area,,,, so it has/had to be verified,,,(or at a club weigh in or on an official entry form whic takes a week or 2 to then process)

i'm still a bit sceptical,,, the lights on the bridge have me,,,, these are about 100 mtrs apart,,,, but theres only one visible in the pic

a call to dave at bribie sports will fix it i'm sure

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Blaze,

I can vouch for the global warming theory. I was at Eagle Hawk Neck the day the dolphin was landed.

We'd just come in and everyone was hanging around asking - "what is it?".

I identified it as a cow Mahi Mahi of about 6kg. Noone had ever seen one in the flesh before.

It sure was lost

Brett

Ok Guys,

Here one for you to think about.

If you look at the pilons in the background there is sun shining on the right hand side of them, making the sun to be on the right.

But have a look at the shadow on him it goes to the right making the sun on the left.

UUUMMMM???
    Tanglefoot

Who knows ? I have also heard of a few catches at the pin on several occasions i fellow who i know to be quiet honest has told me of a relative good size Barra caught in his cast net while prawning, he did release it but no photoes were ever shown. So there are a number of reports comming out of unusual catches my thoughts alot of these are from impoundments or have been released from home aquariums, I doubt they would survive the cold winter we have been experiencing.
    Just to not i also caught one in the hervey bay mariner granted it was the size of a herring and i know thats a little further north than what we are discussing here, but there is no real reason they would migrate in warmer currents.

Mick
    ps Buggy how the Hell are you ? hows little H ? oops and Leanne