Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Barra caught at Bribie Island

Re: Barra caught at Bribie Island

Xerebus has got a point. Enlarge the pic above 700% and you will notice the pixelation in the landscape is different than the bloke holding the fish. The top part of the fish tail is also a different pixelation and is strighter than the rest of the tail as if it's not been cut out of the original properly and a piece is missing.........it could be simply curled inwards though.

It's a hard call but I've never seen pixelation dissimilar in the background to the fore ground before. It could simply be that because the background is composed in the main of verticals and horizontals that diagonal pixelation isn't shown.

kev

Top Tip:

Expensive hair gels are a con. Marmalade is a much cheaper alternative, but beware of bees in the summer.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

The image looks quite ridgy didge to me.

Im going out on a limb here tho..............with the angle of the picture and the lay of the fish are we possibly looking ad a jewie on on odd angle and we have barra implanted in our minds?

The body resembles a jewie to me more so that an barra.

Jack.

Just have a look at the latest SST

Ain't no barra going to be eating anything if it was swimming around in 16 degree water

I can understand it at Noosa, but not the passage!

at least the gills a very red and the body limp to sugest rigormortis hasnt set in.
    that proves at least it wasnt transported there for a photo opportunity

wasnt there one caught in the pine about ten year ago?

cheers

lippa

yeh, the one in the pine from a bloke in a painted white tinny, he did have to many tinnys, hay lip??

nah see what happened there was, too many tinnys were drunk. too many bloody bull sharks caught. and some goose in a yellow boat filling my pots up with empty stubbies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by lippa; 20-07-2007 at 03:40 PM. Reason: just cause

well brownie said on the radio this morning that a another one was picked up in a landing net in the southern bay this week as well fish feeding on the surface and boat went through it with out seeing it and barra floated to the top reckons that one was ridgy didge as a mate of his caught it ?

shane

I hope the barra are coming to bribie as it will save me alot of money in fuel and I will have more time fishing for them rather than a six & half hour drive to awoonga .

cheers fae haggis ...................

Suspect the upper reaches of adjoining creeks/tributaries are being influenced more by the cold than the passage (or anywhere in SEQ) which would be warm by comparison and the resident barra are fleeing toward more open waters.

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    Global warming ??????????? LMFAO ! A Barra has moved down south for winter to freeze it's arse off
    Mate - not wrong!
    I just came back from Brisbane last weekend and i can tell you that it is bloody cold there at present, certainly not conducive to catching Barra at all.

My Dad tells me it's been around 4 degrees in the northern suburbs the last week - Brrr!!
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============
    W: www.agt.id.au
    M: 0410 834 486

This morning on scarby reef I had frost form on the face of the sounder about an hour before first light. Does that mean it was a tad chilly or that i was insane for being there?

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    This morning on scarby reef I had frost form on the face of the sounder about an hour before first light. Does that mean it was a tad chilly or that i was insane for being there?

Jack
    Mate so long as you got a feed or had a good time even if you didn't it was justified in my books!
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============
    W: www.agt.id.au
    M: 0410 834 486

Hang on...does that all mean that I should be able to catch a barra at Ballina............. soon!

Ok, might be changing my thoughts on this.....

Todays paper in Coffs Harbour reported the catching of a BONEFISH!!!! by a local angler, who took it into Fishing Tackle Australia for identification - he'd caught a Whiting on Steroids!!!

What's next? New Guinea Black Bass in the Tweed?

I remember reading many years ago about a week of catching bonefish on a norfolk island beach by an aussie on holidays. Was an article in either fishing world or modern fishing in the 1970's or early 1980's.
    That would be similar latitude i guess.

Jack.