Thread: Hobie Kayaks

Hobie Kayaks

Hey guys,
    Was just wondering if anyone had a rough idea of prices on the hobie kayaks. I've been looking rather longingly at the Hobie outback with the mirage drive system but can't really make a comparison to other products without a better idea of price. So far all I seem to find is the word "dear" . Can anyone help?
    Joel
    p.s. before anyone recommends akff...my email is inexplicably blocked from there Blocked before I'd even joined, I must have a bad rep!
    Fishing for the thrill, not for the kill

Re: Hobie Kayaks

Suggest you look at the page for Sunstate http://www.sunstatehobie.com.au/ then give Mal or his lovely wife a call. Nice people. Bought mine off them and couldn't be happier, unless of course it weighed 20Kgs less or I wasn't lifting it onto the roof rack of my Landcruiser.

Jeff

Here's a second hand one for 1500 they usually go for 2500. My mother bought one and loves it (so do I).

http://www.sportsfish.com.au/forum/c...sp?ViewID=1034

Josh

I bit the bullet yesterday and went to Cooroy. Met Mal and he showed me the kayaks first hand, showed me everything that came with them as well as his own setup (which was probably the best part) and a price list for the stuff he stocks. I'll have to do a test run at some point in the future to see how the rig suits me, but the hobie outback really does look the goods.
    Joel

have a look at the viking fisherman with electric motor hands free and feet free and less then a Hobie

whats the hands free and feet free bit?i have a viking fisherman double and have just put a rudder system on it.....would be nice with a leccy

Looking at changeover our viking nemo double on the weekend to the fisherman with a min kota lec. The new lec's have a little remote control antennae on them and you operate from a control on your switch. Bit dear but can be used on the kayak and tinny!

I originally looked at the viking tempo, but I like the idea of still getting their by my own effort. The hobie also comes with a rudder same as the viking, but it's controlled by a little switch next to where your arm sits.
    Joel

Just bought a Hobie Outback Mirage from Mal at Cooroy and he couldnt have been more helpful.By the time i got it set up with sounder it was about $2500.
    I also got blocked on akff for what reason i dont know.They must have too many
    members.No other products can compare with this yak.So much fun to be had

Great stuff spookie. Can't wait to see your first fish from the new rig. Did you see the bloke up at Noosa who got a big GT from his kayak?
    Joel