Thread: fishermans almanac

fishermans almanac

Does anyone know where zI can get one and electronic one would be great but will settle for anything.

I need all the help I can get

Re: fishermans almanac

I seen a paper version in BCF the other day, I've got one on my watch that shows 1,2,3,or 4 fish, 4 fish being the best. It has the moon phase and the tide as well. You can punch in the co-ordinates of wherever you are in the country/ world for the tides, but the moon and the fish obviously won't change. My watch is a Casio cost me around $150.00 a couple of years ago. Hope i helped

Ed

Yeah mate i have the casio as well its the protrek model it does the fish symbol thing the sunupsunset thing but not the tides which isnt a problem as that info is in my g.p.s i certainly dont relie on it as i work and i only get to fish when i can but sometimes it does get me going fishing when i normally wouldnt but again i have had some great days when it said it was bad .....matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Are you talking about those little yellow books you can get from newsagents?

I think they're called the Anglers Almanac and are about $5.

They have the best times to fish shown in different shades of darkness. Black is the best, dark grey next best and so on.

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post
    Are you talking about those little yellow books you can get from newsagents?

I think they're called the Anglers Almanac and are about $5.

They have the best times to fish shown in different shades of darkness. Black is the best, dark grey next best and so on.

TOL
    Yeh they're the ones theoldlegend

Bluefin59...i used to only use it as i guide...i work too and it gets frustrating sometimes when i look at the time and there is 4 fish coming up to a high tide while the moon is just rising or setting

Ed

Thanks guys a big help.

The minister for domestic sciences or the bosslady, reckons we are poor fishermen but I have that same problem I work and only get one weekend off a month, so its then or never and she is hard to convince that its a certian time or day when the fish will bight, she thinks toss in a line and get fish.

I dont mind as even when there is no fish its quiet time and no phones, well i tell her that there is no phones, no service,

1975fflh, mate, sounds like you need a FISHPRO.
    It's an electronic fishing almanac. There's many models but I reckon you'd only need the FISHPRO 60 (the more basic model).
    You punch in the info such as date, location and species targeted and it will give you the peek bite times for that day TO THE MINUTE, as well as a 'success' %rate!
    Not sure exactly where to get your hands on one but try searching the net for
    FISHPRO or try emailing this bloke-
    Neil Rothery at ocs@iniaccess.net.au
    My mate used to be a pro fisherman and he swears by the FISHPRO. Back then
    his livelihood depended on it.

What's wrong with the online one @ http://www.nuggetfishing.com.au/ ???

There's a month by month one there and all the fishing tips you will ever need and Dave's a local too

Nuggets look good but it about 1000 klm from where I fish.

Wollongong NSW

The FISHPRO can be used anywhere in the world, so long as you have the relevant charts and code cards for that particular country.
    1975fflh, if you bought one it is good to use Australia wide. It will give you tide times/height, moon phases- you can use it inland for freshwater species, the list goes on. It does everthing except baiting your hook!

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4frog View Post
    What's wrong with the online one @ http://www.nuggetfishing.com.au/ ???

There's a month by month one there and all the fishing tips you will ever need and Dave's a local too
    THANKS MATE!!

www.fishingreminder.com.au is the best out there combing the Moari and Sun Lunar tables, tides, sunset/rise, etc

Don't you need to be a full paying member to get the predictions more than a few days in advance ??